Objectivism Online Forum

The first Objective Standard to hit stores

Rate this topic

brian0918

I emailed Craig Biddle asking where The Objective Standard will be available. According to him, although the Summer 2008 issue was supposed to be the first available in stores, it was released too late and missed the deadline. The Fall 2008 issue will be the first available in stores. Their distributor, Ingram Periodicals, is a major supplier for Borders and Barnes & Noble, and has ordered 1,080 copies. It should hit newsstands in early October.

Please contact your local Borders and Barnes & Noble, ask them if they're going to stock it, and if not, tell them they can get it through their supplier Ingram Periodicals. If you have a local Objectivist club, encourage them to do the same.

I could ask them to stock it but then they'd expect me to buy it (hell, they'd probably insist on getting my phone number and treating it like a special order). And I don't need to, being a subscriber.

I guess if a bunch of people went in and asked, they might stock it. And who knows, maybe they'd even sell it. If they are still on the shelf when the next issue comes in, forget it.

I guess I am rather pessimistic about its mass market appeal, much as I like it, myself.

Edited by Steve D'Ippolito