Objectivism Online Forum

Screen Resolution, Part 2

Rate this topic

What browser width size (pixels) most closely matches the one you comfortably view this site with?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What browser width size (pixels) most closely matches the one you comfortably view this site with?

• Less than 400
    • Higher than 1600
    • Other (if so, say which)

Suppose the monitor you are presently using has a resolution of X by Y, where X is the width. If you use windows, you can check what this is by right clicking on your desktop and selecting properties and going to the Settings tab. Once you know X, figure out what percentage of the screen is being used up by the browser (if you don't have it maximized) and multiply X by this percentage, and that will give you what you want. For example, I use 1600 width on my laptop and use only about 5/8ths of it to for my browser, so 5/8ths of 1600 is 1000.

If you want to be more accurate, take a print screen with your browser open and at the size you usually view this site with, paste it into an image editor, crop it so that only the browser (minus scroll bars) shows and check what the image size is.