Welcome to Objectivism Online Forum

Welcome to Objectivism Online, a forum for discussing the philosophy of Ayn Rand. For full access, register via Facebook or email.

• °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"

Problems in Britain - Am Shocked!

Zirjin
    By Zirjin,
    I wish this was a satire, I really wish it was. But unfortunately, from what I can tell, it is true. I even checked to make sure it wasn't April the 1st yet. We locked you up in jail for 25 years and you were innocent all along? That’ll be £80,000 please Normally I am a positive person, seeing that article however, I am shocked & angry beyond belief and am wondering at the moment if I am in a dream/nightmare but when I pinch myself, I know I am awake. I hope that insane stuff is abolished soon, and doesn't spread out of Britains borders to Australia/USA or anywhere else for that matter.

Hello from Philadelphia.

AspiringObjectivist
    By AspiringObjectivist,
    I've been browsing the board for a while and I'm very interested in a lot of the discussions and intellects that I've seen; it should be fun to converse with you all, and I look forward to it. I'm a young male in Philadelphia, and I'm a big reader, writer, and football player.

Hey from Texas

Areactor
    By Areactor,
    It was probably rude to come in just posting things without an introduction. Well I’m here in Houston Texas. I’ve been reading Rand for two years now. I’m extremely interested in her philosophy and spreading the love (a.k.a.) logic. I visit the Ludwig Von Mises Institute and Capmag site on a daily basis. I’m just a radical for Capitalism though I’m still in need for more learning.

Hi from Connecticut

bnittoli
    By bnittoli,
    Hi, I've been browsing the forum for a couple weeks now and decided to finally register. I discovered Objectivism while I was in gradschool back in the mid 90's. I was looking explicitly for a philosophic base for the beliefs I already held (atheisim, free markets, limited gov't, etc) and found a summary of Ayn Rand's thoughts on the web (which was just getting started). I went straight to OPAR and then read the novels, followed by the rest of the non-fiction. OPAR was great, but it was after reading Ayn Rand's direct works that things really sank in. Obviously, it resonated with me and gave me a much stronger ability to critically evaluate information that I read or saw. I moved out to Los Angeles after school, and was able to listen regularly to Leonard's radio show and was able to volunteer many times at ARI. I attended local talks and club meetings was able to meet a lot of fellow Objectivists. Now I'm living in Connecticut. Don't really know anyone and it would be cool to meet up with people from time to time. I'm on AIM as Bnittoli and my email is in my profile as well. Later

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS