Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

The Patriot Act

El Polo
    By El Polo,
    Does anyone have any specific information regarding this new "act" that was put into place? I've heard nothing but horrible things about it.

The Passion

Areactor
    By Areactor,
    What do you guys make of the success of The Passion of Christ?

Could cybornithics be the next step in evolution?

DarkFather
    By DarkFather,
    Afew days ago I was watching a short documentary about a British man who has been classed as the first human cyborg. He voluntered to have electronic implants injected into his nervous system and now with the power of thought he can control a robotic arm. It is believed that this technology could help those who have lost limbs and those with disibilaties. This could also benifit all of mankind by enhancing our sences and entergrating our minds with computers to send and receive data throught pure thought. What do you people think of this technology?

What is egoistic love?

redfarmer
    By redfarmer,
    I was wondering: how would you define egoistic love? How is it different from most "love"? How can you be sure that a potential partner would be a good partner egoisticaly? Also, it seems that Ayn Rand was fond of love triangles in her novels: Kira, Leo, and Andrei in We The Living, Roark, Wynand, and Dominique in The Fountainhead, as well as Dagny being loved by Galt, Franscisco, Rearden, and Eddie Willers at the same time in Atlas Shrugged. In view of this, how is it possible to truly love more than one person at a time and, when this does occur, how is one to determine which the best choice is?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS