Welcome to Objectivism Online Forum

Welcome to Objectivism Online, a forum for discussing the philosophy of Ayn Rand. For full access, register via Facebook or email.

• °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"

Peter Schwartz on Fox

Atlas51184
    By Atlas51184,
    I did, and it was lame. He was supposed to talk about foreign policy and American self-interest, but Geraldo asked him about the drug problems in Columbia. He talked about drug legalization for about a minute and then it was over.

Topics

John
    By John,
    I suggest separate forums for the five branches of objectivism since this is a site for objectivism which has five branches.

Why so quiet?

Gabriel
    By Gabriel,
    Why so quiet? Are we out of ideas already? :-) Maybe we should try to get more people to visit this site. I'm forwarding the link to a bunch of people right now. Maybe you should do too.

My Vacation

John
    By John,
    I'm going to be going on vacation for the next week. After almost two years of year round school and work (at sear auto center) I'm going to be camping and fishing for a week. If I don't reply to anything for a while you now know why.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS