Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Perjury

Dan9999999
    By Dan9999999,
    Now if the basis of objective law is to only harm those who have done harm, then should things like perjury and impeding a police investigation be crimes as no direct harm is done?

Good day, folks.

CIRCE
    By CIRCE,
    Hello, there. I'm new to the forum. I've been an Objectivist since 1996, or rather--that was when I began to study Objectivism. I currently reside in Madison, WI--through a series of sick misfortunes that forced me to take a hiatus from my beloved home: New York. I'm hoping to make my return this summer! I'm an actor/singer/dancer/model, though like many artists, I'm currently working outside of my field. Of course, I'm the coolest person I know. So if you're a happening individual, you'll probably like me, too! Drop me a line. My job is about as demanding as a cactus, so I have ***so*** much free time online! Good premises!

Economics of the Libertarian Right

EconBabe
    By EconBabe,
    Hi, Am I correct in that the Libertarian Right is metaphysically dependent on the impossibility of solving certain classic problems in economic science, e.g. the Vienna Problem? Or: could the Libertarian outlook on social organization be sustained if a solution were ever accepted? I ask these questions because I have become directly acquainted with a unique and general solution to the Vienna Problem, and have observed Libertarian economists responding to it like 15th Century Cardinals confronted with the Copernican System. Given that Libertarian thought has quite a grip on economics (e.g. the Hoover Institution’s control of National Science Foundation funding) I find this situation to be a barrier in pursuing my academic career. As people who believe utterly in the arrival at truth through the free exchange of ideas, I am sure this circumstance – if you could conceive it to be true – would be something you would be anxious to address. So, if you have a mathematically competent champion of the Vienna Problem’s indissolubility, please step forward and lets have at it. If this board is not the place to complete the argument, I can arrange for us to move elsewhere.

Hello

LucentBrave
    By LucentBrave,
    Hello to all. I'm new to the forum as of today. I'm a servicemember in the airforce, and I'm residing in Okinawa Japan. I've been pretty much an objectivist my whole life- before I even knew who Ayn Rand was. I will admit that it was a modified version of Objectivism, but I feel that I'm finally on the right path now. Something finally clicked. Whenever you get a medal in the military, they present it to you in front of your flight- or platoon if you will. In every medal presentation to you, they mention Myself and Self-Sacrifice- and that makes me cringe. I do what I do because I like what I do. I feel that it benefits me, first and foremost, and I feel that a man's freedom is worth fighting for, while fighting for my own on the battlefield. And that is why I'm here. I feel misunderstood, and most people don't like the way I think or act. I feel more at home with people who understand me better. I look forward to discussing the various topics in this forum with you.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS