Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

yeeeaaahhh...

Heather
    By Heather,
    I'm Heather in Sacramento, California. I like this site. I like the idea behind it. My aim is AdpiHeather. I'm not a web programmer, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Differences between Nihilism and Objectivism?

Guest Guest_Sir Llama
    By Guest Guest_Sir Llama,
    I was reading about nihilism, and my question is this: Are there really any significant differences between nihilism and objectivism? It kind of seems like nihilism is an extreme type of objectivism. but then again, my understanding of both subjects is limited.

hi

Sir Llama
    By Sir Llama,
    Hi. I'm from hawaii, and I go to the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I'm 19 and an ICS major. I also play alot of basketball and tennis. I actually got interested in objectivism through a forum debate. It was a whole bunch of people debating the existence of God, and the thread went on for pages and pages. There was an objectivist there, one of three, who was debating with the rest of the people, and I found that his opinions made perfect sense. It made alot more sense than any arguments made by theists, and it showed alot of the holes and contradictions in their arguments. So I started reading a little bit more, and now I'm here. I'm still looking for material because I've only just begun to get into this whole philosophy, so I'm hoping I can learn alot from this forum. adios Sir Llama

hello!

epheme
    By epheme,
    My name is Amy, but you can call me epheme. I'm a student at VCU in Richmond, VA. I've been interested in Objectivism since about 1997 or 1998, when I came across the Fountainhead. I'd always been a Libertarian, and it took me a while to realise that Libertarianism was only a subset of a much larger system of thought. So, once I came out of the closet as a full-fledged Objectivist, things became much clearer I'm helping start a campus Objectivist club here at VCU, and I'm quite pleased to find that many of my instructors, although not professed Objectivists, have repeatedly defended Objectivist positions in their lectures. I'm hoping that this will be an active community!

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS