Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Anything Exchange

always_learning
    By always_learning,
    This is really cool. Its a stockmarket for just about anything. Check it out. TradeSports

Bookmark Area???

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    I dunno if its labor intensive, or if there might be another way to do it, or if there would be interest in it, But I was wondering about setting up a site where the "gold standard" article links are readily accessible? By "gold Standard" I mean well argued arguments about specific topics (For instance why the UN should not be supported, or free will etc)

Is drug addiction a deterministic force?

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    If there is a pat essay on the issue of Addiction, will someone please refer me to it? Otherwise, 1. Do Objectivists believe that Addiction exists? 2. Do Objectivists draw a line between defining drugs such as Alcohol (which can be fatal if withdrawn from without Medical Supervision/Intervention) as physically addictive while not acknowledging addiction in drugs that don't pose such a risk??

The Lawsuit Machine

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/game_lawsuitmachine.cfm ENJOY!

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS