Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

me

Richard_Halley
    By Richard_Halley,
    about time i found a place where im not the one answering all the questions.

Is Praxeology compatible with Objectivism?

freefrag
    By freefrag,
    I was reading mises.org the other day where I encountered the word praxeology. I looked up the word, and it seemed to be similar to Objectivism. http://www.praxeology.net/praxeo.htm

Leonard's Library of Congress Adventure

NIJamesHughes
    By NIJamesHughes,
    What I want to know is why he was donating the manuscripts to the government and not to a private institute: i think Miss Rand would have much prefered that, rather than having her works in the hands of the Moochers and Looters. Does anyone know what the deal is? Once i read that i lost a lot of respect for him. I mean he was gripping about the government totalitarianism with one hand and feeding them with the other. It doesn't make sense to me. That he is old and thought he was dying isn't a valid excuse to me either. Its like saying "I was drunk."

gender equality

chanticleer
    By chanticleer,
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I would like to know if there is any objectivist literature on gender equality. I am a Women's studies major and could use a different viewpoint than the hostile anti-male ones I am so often assigned to read! Also, has Ayn Rand specifically written anything about motherhood? And if so, did she support working women, or did she feel that women should have a more traditional place (i.e. in the home)>

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS