Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Hopefuly this is Trend over in Iraq...

Praxus
    By Praxus,
    "In Falluja, a reporter for the Associated Press saw cars carrying the dead and wounded from the Abdul-Aziz al-Samarrai mosque, following the US air strike. A US Marine colonel said his troops attacked the mosque complex after being fired on from inside it. " Quote taking from BBC News. This sends a powerful message, if you fire on us, it doesn't matter where you are, we are going to kill you and anyone around you.

U.S. Convoy in Iraq Attacked

Invictus
    By Invictus,
    Article This event makes all to clear what we're up against in Iraq. The twisted and barbaric creed that is prevalent in the Middle East has resulted in a people who are capable of such reckless hate. I don't see how we can view this conflict as anything but an ideological war. Sure, putting a few bullets in the heads of the people responsible for this monstrous act is a first step, but to end terrorism altogether we must end that which hath given it life: Islam. How we go about this I am n

Need help: Living wage problem

Samoht
    By Samoht,
    My sociology teacher (actually it is a Family Structure class) has sent out an email asking for help in doubling the wage of tomato pickers in Florida. The email came out today, and I know that she is going to bring up the topic tomorrow. What I want is some well thought out arguments using objectivism in opposition of people being paid more because they are too incompetent to find other employment. Below is the website asking for people to publicly speak out against the incompetent making le

Progressive Ticketing/Fines

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    The rich are being fined more for violations of the law The goals of punishment are different than the goals of taxation. It can be argued that progressive taxation is immoral because it punishes the producer of wealth. But a punishment must effect the perpetrator in such a way as to have a detterrent effect. it must also pass the litmus test for justice; what are the moral and legal ramifications of progressive punishment?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS