Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Pop-ups--A violation of rights?

Alex
    By Alex,
    Pop-ups, everyone gets them or at least alot of us do. I don't know much about the technicalities of it so correct me if I'm wrong. Programs can be downloaded onto my computer from outside when I go to a site without my consent and these programs can lay inside my hard drive and send 'pop-ups'. Would that be an act violating privacy and property rights?

To Beam Or Not To Beam?

Whitestar
    By Whitestar,
    In 1998, researchers at Stanford University's Linear Accelerator Center successfully converted energy into matter. This feat was accomplished by using lasers and incredibly strong electromagnetic fields to change ordinary light into matter. The results of this experiment may allow for the development of variety of technological gadgets. One such development could be matter/energy transporters or food replicators that are commonly seen in some of our favorite science fiction programs. For mo

The Cultural Ascendancy of Ayn Rand

schwartzandrew
    By schwartzandrew,
    Hello everyone, Some of you may be interested in a just-published special year-end column at the Atlasphere by Chris Matthew Sciabarra: "The Cultural Ascendancy of Ayn Rand." From TV shows to encyclopedias, comic books to scholarly journals, Rand references in the culture have recently been skyrocketing — transforming Rand into a veritable iconic figure. Sciabarra tells the story. For the article, visit: http://www.theatlasphere.com Happy New Year! Andrew Schwartz

Technical fields and the lack of artistic license

mikes603
    By mikes603,
    Forcing an author to write in a certain language is obviously wrong. One could argue you should write in Chinese simply because more people speak that language. A writer could chose pig Latin as his chosen language under artistic license and it would more then likely be accepted as a valid although unpopular choice. I am personally finding that technical engineering fields while having the same passion for thought,reason,imagination and happiness via creativity as writing, is g

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS