Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Dr. Locke at St. John's and elsewhere

RadCap
    By RadCap,
    This information was posted to the Harry Binswanger mailing list (HBL). I thought it might be of interest/use: Dr. Edwin Locke will be on somewhat of a mini speaking event tour starting on October 15th--giving six campus club talks in a little over a week's time! University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign "Post-Modernism vs. Religion vs. Objectivism: Which Is the Proper Code of Morality for Living on Earth?," by Edwin Locke Wednesday, October 15, 7:00pm; 151 Everitt Laboratory

Questions on Objectivism

Guest Jerry
    By Guest Jerry,
    I have been studying objectivism now for about a year and I have a few questions that need to be cleared up. Rand stated that the war in Vietnam was because of altruism. Could it not be argued that it was for capitalistic expansion? I read where she said this in A Voice of Reason. But she never gave any clear explanations as to why it was in fact because of altruism. I have come across the supposed is/ought fallacy by some anti-objectivist when discussing morality. My response to t

What are "essentials"?

Guest Alex
    By Guest Alex,
    I just started reading about Objectivism and I was hoping someone could help me define what exactly essentials are. I've read Ayn Rand talk about to understand anything you must break it down to it's essentials. Is that the same as premises?

movie: The Core

carriew7
    By carriew7,
    Hi everyone! Has anyone here seen the movie The Core? I watched it last night and it is a wonderful concretization of rationality!(Of humans using reason.) It's definetly second to Braveheart and Chocolat! Any suggestions for other movies similar to the above? -Carrie.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS