Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

What are "essentials"?

Guest Alex
    By Guest Alex,
    I just started reading about Objectivism and I was hoping someone could help me define what exactly essentials are. I've read Ayn Rand talk about to understand anything you must break it down to it's essentials. Is that the same as premises?

movie: The Core

carriew7
    By carriew7,
    Hi everyone! Has anyone here seen the movie The Core? I watched it last night and it is a wonderful concretization of rationality!(Of humans using reason.) It's definetly second to Braveheart and Chocolat! Any suggestions for other movies similar to the above? -Carrie.

Occupation of Iraq

Wolf DeVoon
    By Wolf DeVoon,
    Might as well talk about something important, right? --------------- Like the Vietnamese, Iraqis not ready to surrender hearts and minds to U.S. By Stephen Hume 07/17/03: (Vancouver Sun) The most poignant evidence of the bungling that characterizes America's Iraq misadventure was filed by a Los Angeles Times reporter a few days ago. It told of a U.S. army convoy loaded with frozen chickens. The poultry was thawing in the fierce desert heat as trucks drove about trying to

Conceptually, what is "the Future"?

suv
    By suv,
    We all have an implicit sense of the 'future', but in Epistemology how is the word 'future' defined? Some people loosely use the word, in a sense that it has no connection to the present. As if the future is going to be set in a different universe. What is the future? And how can it be grasped, in terms of what one is concious of, till the moment? Another question: Is there a word for: 'what one is concious of', 'the items in reality that one is conscious of' ? Something like c

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS