Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

New John Williams

Richard_Halley
    By Richard_Halley,
    I had the unfortunate experience of hearing some of the theme music for the 3rd Harry Potter movie. This is exactly why I don't like John Williams. Watch the intro here to hear it.

When can the state order a strip search

Samoht
    By Samoht,
    When does a state have the moral right to order people to expose themselves and what should be the reaction of citizens? I just came across these two incidents. The first is a new device being used by the police in Britain, the second is an incident that occurred in America. Notice the reaction of the citizens in both nations and situations. Don't worry, both articles are short and to the point. Privacy is not a moral right, but what about liberty and freedom from constant governm

Social Workers

BlackSabbath
    By BlackSabbath,
    Social Workers Re-reading Atlas and the Fountainhead, I remembered that Ayn Rand hated social workers and was disdainful about them in those two novels. Can anyone tell me why she hated them?

Democracy in Iraq

schmittyUVA
    By schmittyUVA,
    Hello all, I'm a new member and am excited to find this online Objectivist refuge... That being said, I'd like to ask you all something that I've been mulling over. It picks up on something RationalEgoistSG feels in the message about Occupying Iraq. Watching this drama unfold, it's clear who the players are: us, the capitalist, democratic nation trying to give the gift of a government that recognizes individual rights and the theocratic people we have liberated. My question, similar to Rationa

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS