Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

a new nation underwater

sedriss scott blaine
    By sedriss scott blaine,
    While thinking about the possibility of a sci-fi/romanticism genre, this popped into my head: Imagine that the technology existed to have an underwater base. On the ocean's floor a corporation begins mining for a new natural resource they've discovered. This is so successful that the corporation soon becomes a mega-corporation and have the funding to expand their base into a city. All the people who work there and their families are down on the ocean's floor. It's thriving to the point wher

Hello form Scotland

BlackSabbath
    By BlackSabbath,
    Hello, I'm Bruce and I'm from Falkirk, Scotland and I've been reading Ayn Rand for a bout 5 years now.

Your thoughts on this paper on morality?

Capleton
    By Capleton,
    MORAL REALISM AND INFINITE SPACETIME IMPLY MORAL NIHILISM by Quentin Smith http://www.qsmithwmu.com/moral_realism_and...entin_smith.htm I conclude that his paper has no value based on his conclusions (lol). This guy makes my head spin. Though the paper is lengthy it is by no means boring (if you can bare with the philosophical jargon).

What is the nature of the concept "possibility"?

LucentBrave
    By LucentBrave,
    I dug around in Rand's works for quite a while tonight the answer to this question and couldn't find the answer anywhere. Stupid or not, it's going to bug me until I get a concrete answer- or something that resembles one. I thought that it was maybe answered in AshRand's post on potentiality, but it wasn't. My question is this: When- if they do- do possibilites exist. For example: Does a possibility exist that it's going to rain tomorrow, or no such thing exits until it actually r

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS