Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Aristotle on the Intellect

danielshrugged
    By danielshrugged,
    Intellect: Creator of All, Receiver of All Suppose a stranger were to approach you and say, "In my left hand, I hold something which can become all things. In my right, I hold something which can create all things." You might suppose him to be a magician-or mad. Yet this is what Aristotle seems to say regarding the intellect in On the Soul. Is the intellect magical? Is Aristotle mad? Or has he a reasonable theory with a reasonable explanation? If so, let us proceed to explain just what the

RationalBeing's Introduction. Hello.

RationalBeing
    By RationalBeing,
    Hello all. I'm an fairly objectivist type business man living in Austin Texas. I run my own corporation which does a variety of things, namely webdesign and programming. I am also writing my first novel involving politics, economics, statism and individualism. I am not a true Objectivist (big O) however I find Rand's work uplifting and it brings me joy. Unfortunately I find the tone of most of most of her work negative, but then again, its difficult to criticize her for this - based o

Printing Threads

DAC
    By DAC,
    Would it be possible to include a 'printer friendly' link at the bottom of a thread that allowed you to print all the pages in a thread in a 'printer friendly' format. Currently, you have to go to each page and print. I have seen this done on other forums... Nevermind, I just saw the 'Print this topic' option...

Can one be honestly, genuinely certain but wrong?

DavidV
    By DavidV,
    I saw this question at #AynRand: "Do you think you can be honestly, genuinely certain and also wrong?" What do you think? I'm still sorting out my thoughts on the issue, so I'll post my comments shortly.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS