Objectivism Online Forum

Terrorism Report

Rate this topic

Here's an interesting article by an Indian writer, attacking the State department's report on terrorism for evading the reality of terrorism in order to court the favor of countries like Pakistan. I'm curious as to people's thoughts on this. I would agree with the author that our government seems intent on focusing on the wrong targets in the fight against terrorism, and conveniently evading the culpability of others for political reasons. Here's the link:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/FF16Df03.html

I knew we were in trouble the first time Bush had the leadership of CAIR on the podium with him as representatives of "moderate" Islam. I knew it when he defined this war as the War on Terrorism. Declaring war on a method of doing battle doesn't go far in defining one's enemies. As long as we fail to define who the enemy is, we are not fighting a winning war. So long as we have people in this country who deny that we are at war, we cannot win.

Here's an interesting article by an Indian writer, attacking the State department's report on terrorism for evading the reality of terrorism in order to court the favor of countries like Pakistan.

Skywalker, you have to understand (I'm sure you do) that India and Pakistan are mortal enemies, and any such report from India is bound to be clouded by that attitude.

And I agree fully with Old Salt that as long as America doesn't have a clear vision as to their enemy, then they are fighting a war they cannot win.

We all agree that the war on terrorism is a good thing. However, the wrong people are currently bearing the brunt of the 9/11 atrocious acts. America can't war with the Iran, or North Korea who have just about the same, or even less potential for a terrorist act as Saddam and Iraq. Americans have had enough with the Iraqi war.

We all agree that the war on terrorism is a good thing. However, the wrong people are currently bearing the brunt of the 9/11 atrocious acts. America can't war with the Iran, or North Korea who have just about the same, or even less potential for a terrorist act as Saddam and Iraq. Americans have had enough with the Iraqi war.

I think some people have a hard time realizing this. Through the media and through our own racism and bias we have grouped everyone who is Muslim or Middle Eastern as a potential terrorist threat. This has allowed our government to manipulate public viewpoint on the issues of 9\11 as an excuse to go to war with Iraq for completely different reasons.

America can't war with the Iran, or North Korea who have just about the same, or even less potential for a terrorist act as Saddam and Iraq.

Iran has been the primary sponsor of the militant Islamic movement for quite some time. We have every right to nuke Tehran into a wasteland of charred flesh and bones and burning copies of the Koran.