Objectivism Online Forum

The "Blowback" Theory

Rate this topic

DarkWaters

..... The Islamic militants would probably first focus on pillaging Israel and gaining a stranglehold on the governments of Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Algeria and the like. After they are done enslaving their own people under Sharia Law, they would turn their attention to enslaving rest of the world. Europe would probably be ravaged next. Eventually militant Islam will reach America in frightening numbers. Ignoring the problem will not make it go away; it will just allow the movement to accumulate momentum before it poisons North America.

The goal of radical Islam is the ultimate destruction of the dar al Harb (i.e. those domains who oppose Islam and who are also not "peoples of the Book"). The dar al Harb includes the secular domains of the world. This has been implicit in Islam from the git go (it goes back to 622 c.e.). The radical Islamists destroyed the peace and prosperity of Andalus, the Muslim portion of Spain over a period of several hundred years. In more recent times Sayid Qutb has written what amounts to "Mein Kampf" for the Muslim extremists. Wherever Islam has become the dominant (not just majority) factor, freedom such as you and I enjoy is quickly replaced by Submission. That is was Islam means in Arabic --- Submission. Note that Jihad (in Arabic) means Struggle. It means exactly the same as the German word Kampf, as in "Mein Kampf". Both Hitler and Qutb saw the world in terms of a mighty clash of Cultures or Domains as in dar al Sala'am vs dar al Harb.

These people are not kidding. They are quite serious in imposing Submission on the world. That is why we have to eliminate them and their teaching if we can. Otherwise the will impose on us the Death of a Thousand Cuts.

Bob Kolker

dar al Sala'am vs dar al Harb.

I believe you mean dar al Islam vs. dar al Harb.

Otherwise the will impose on us the Death of a Thousand Cuts.

Death of One Thousand Cuts is more of a Pacific nation concept. I think the radical Islamics will go for decapitation.

Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post, I just felt like being nettlesome. :)

Stephen,

I will read and respond to your post later.