Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivist Website

Rate this topic

Spong

Objectivists may find this website to be of interest.

http://tinyurl.com/2smqc4

It features a number of documentaries, clips of Ayn Rand and other Objectivist speakers, a modest but growing art gallery (check the pics section--this is the only part that requires registration), and a list of books and documentaries with links for purchasing.

I've set this up on MySpace because I found it to be a simple and convenient way of archiving or linking to the variety of media types I've included. (I disabled the comments function.)

The "blog" section contains a substantial number of short videos of general interest, usually on a subject relating to science and technology. I will be updating it sporadically.

http://tinyurl.com/356fan

Let me know what you think.

Edited by Spong

Yes I know MySpace has its problems and is perhaps not typically used for this sort of site, but as I said, I've set this up on MySpace because I found it to be a simple and convenient way of archiving or linking to the variety of media types I've included.

I like the format in that there is a central "homepage" that can accommadate and categorize videos, images, links, etc., in addition to the separate pictures section and the "blog" format with which I can archive and update the videos I've assembled. I don't want just a blog format that consists of revolving posts instead of a fixed page of content. Also MySpace has a ready-made function to play a song and it's easy to use an image file as a background for the site rather than having to use a premade format or color scheme.

From what I've seen I don't like blogspot but if someone has any suggestions for other sites I might be interested.

Edited by Spong