Objectivism Online Forum

Renaming ObjectivismOnline

Rate this topic

I am thinking of renaming ObjectivismOnline. The reason is that objectivismonline.com redirects to another forum, which some people have either confused with this one or assumed that there is some relationship between the two.

Any ideas for a new name/domain? Stephen Speicher once suggested http://objectivistsr.us/ but it's not catchy enough.

Well I think David might be wise to consider the name (and the domain change). If I think of any good options I will post them here.

I dont know if Tenure was being entirely serious with his suggestion. No offence meant , but personally I think it is not quite what David should be looking for (but the domains seem to be available).

TheEgoist, you might be happy to know : greedutopia.com and greedutopia.net are available domains.

Have you asked the .com people if they are willing to part with the address? I like ObjectivismOnline.

Mark DaCunha owns it, but he hasn't replied to my offer to buy it. He apparently decided to redirect .com to his own forum after my request.

I agree with GC on this one. I am pretty sure many people would overlook the fact that there is a lot else besides the forum - a lot of stuff GC and a lot of others have put a great deal of work into over the last few years. I have seen people make this sort of assumption before many a time, and it has cost the site valuable traffic.

By the way David, is your forum signature meant to have those <P> tags displaying ? I would assume not.

The Compleat Objectivist (compleatobjectivist.com)

Objectivism Center (objectivisimcenter.com)

Objectivism Central (Objectivismcentral.com)

Objectivism (Objectivism.com)

Objectivism Resources (objectivismresources.com)

Objectivist Resources (objectivistresources.com)

Online Objectivism (onlineobjectivism.com) this last is likely to remain rather confusing.

Objectivism, Capitalism, Etc. (objectivismcapitalism.com)

Capitalism Objectivism, Etc. (capitalismobjectivism.com) this one may draw people who have not heard of Objectivism.

That's it for now.

I am thinking of renaming ObjectivismOnline. The reason is that objectivismonline.com redirects to another forum, which some people have either confused with this one or assumed that there is some relationship between the two.

Any ideas for a new name/domain? Stephen Speicher once suggested http://objectivistsr.us/ but it's not catchy enough.

I thought of several new names and all seem to be available '.com' domains:

www.objectivistphilosophy.com

www.objectivstphilosophyforum.com

www.philosophyofobjectivism.com

www.theobjectivstphilosophyforum.com

Edited by RichardParker

Or do you really want Objectivism/Objectivist to be in it?
No, that's not crucial. Maybe something with Ayn Rand?
How will the name change affect how easy it is to find ObjectivismOnline.net with Google?
I will keep both names active for a few years, so it should not have a big impact.
Perhaps you could reverse it - onlineobjectivism.com ?
I think we should get away from using the word "online" since the "WWW" thing is not such a novelty anymore.

AisA.com. already taken

The-root-of-all-knowledge.com

Existenceexists.com is taken, but existence.net isn't. When you go there, you'll know it exists =)

The best way to name it is to define it. What is it? It's a source for information on Objectivism.

Objectivismsource.com

I really like themarketplace.net. Makes sense. Simple.

"The owners of the domain name oism.com are accepting offers from interested parties willing to obtain ownership rights over the domain name. You can place your offer by filling out the form below.

www.oism.com $2,910"

What a bother. Let's just rename the philosophy itself.

Objexistentialism

Edited by avampirist

themerketplace.com makes it sound too much like Ebay or something does it not?

I like the Objectivismsource.com though.

No I dont think that we should use that last one, lets stuff to Objectivism, or not at all, that is to say I don't think we should use some similar word as it might imply we are not entirely in accord with Objectivism.

Well, as I said earlier, rationallife.com (with the double l ) is taken already.

Rationalife.com and .net are available apparently, they seem like decent options.

rationalvalley.com and rationvalley.net are available, and are good options.

EDIT: What about rationalbeing.com? The domain is taken, but there seems to be no site, you could buy it from the owner. Rationalbeing.net is not taken.

Edited by Prometheus98876