Objectivism Online Forum

Ok, So I'm Stickin My Neck Out.

Rate this topic

Here I am. This is what I think. This is what I feel. These are my gut reactions, my instincts, my mystic responses.

The first moment I saw Ayn Rand's picture I could sense she was a wound up bundle of nerves and fear. Her philosophy seems the be the natural outcome of such a being.

Generalization? Maybe. But you have to understand, I'm one of those mystics who relies on the perception of energy as a direct flow. Instinctive knowing. Silent knowledge.

Feels good to have a monopoly on the truth though, doesn't it? Makes you feel kinda righteous. Like you and yours are the only one who's right, and the rest of the world.. well it's a manifestation of the destroyer, right?

Fine. Then I'm the destroyer. I don't know what's right. I don't claim to have precises knowledge of what is objective truth. I look outside and beyond reason for the full meaning of my experence. I don't take shortcuts to the truth.

I am a warrior. And if any still remember the language, that which is connected to the primal aspect of self, I'll listen. But if you just want to spout some self-righteous defense of your unauthentic beliefs.. well.. don't expect me to grant you the honor of acknowleging your self-proclaimed existence. If you truly lived in a state of objective reality, you'd have no need to convince me or to defend yourself.

That is all I have to say.

Make me.  I wont go away just because you want it.

You'll have to "force" me.

Well, I didn't ban you - but I did take away your posting rights. So keep quite.

As for calling reason a shortcut to truth... :lol:

It is.

Faith, however, or "instinct"or whatever you want to call it, is a shortcut to falsehood. And you are a shortcut to a headache.

...That is all I have to say.

:D It never is, is it? Thanks for removing his posting priveleges Eran.

How do these people find us? And don't they have anything better to do than crash our message board? I just don't get it.

See, this is a prime example of what I was talking about, GC.  Why do we keep threads like this in the archive?

(Though it really would be great for the "hate mail" department.)  :)

Agreed, on both counts.

Most of what Primal posted is meaningless rambling, but I can't resist responding to one of his statements. I feel that this point needs to be clarified.

Primal seems to have implied through one of his posts that our moderators revoking his posting priveliges is tantamount to an act of "force". He seems to imply, that in order to get rid of him, objectivists must necessarily defy their own code of values.

Primal - in the treatise on "Man's Rights" in Ayn Rand's book The Virtue of Selfishness, she talks about something called "property rights". This means, that if I find your views repugnant, as I am sure that the people who own this forum do, I have a perfectly legimitate right to deny you the use of my property for airing your views. As far as I am concerned, you can use someone's else property to air your views (someone who is not repulsed by them), but I don't have to put up with the spectacle of you using my property to launch insults against me or to condemn my deepest beliefs and convictions. The denial of the use of my property constitutes my exercise of a right granted to me by the constitution of the United States, and cannot be considered an act of "force".