Objectivism Online Forum

War in Iraq opinion

Rate this topic

Kira_Mind

Welcome you Titans!

I work for the ‘Ego’ e-zine. The title is of course meaningful. For about a year, I have been an objectivist; Ayn Rand turned my life around 180 degrees. As my interests circulate around journalism, I aim at constant improving my journalistic skills for which ‘Ego’ is a great opportunity. The fact is that I’m the only objectivist in the editorship.

The first issue was edited only in Polish but the second, whose main topic will be the Iraq War, will be published also in English. I want to present the objectivists’ point of view (mainly the US objectivists’) on the Iraq War and not only, therefore I address all advocates of capitalism, liberty and rational values to share your opinion on the subject. I look forward to hearing from you.

What were the reasons for the war? Was the war a reasonable solution? What are the roots of wars? Rand called it the lust for power, based on violence and resulting from lack of constructive values. She approved only peaceful solutions.

What consequences does the war cause?

What may be, in your opinion, a solution for the conflict?

I don’t want you to focus strictly on those questions. Simply write what you believe the world should know! :D

Site, but it is in building time and so more- currently in Polish

Website EGO Magazine

So, in the private way I was thinking over my register there. I am from Poland and my English isn't very good, maybe because of my age- but I am learning this language and my abilities are growing up. One problem is it that I am not sure that I will be able to write my posts in the right way. Like situation that (I was writting post and after that the other users answer like..."I didn't understand a word of what she was writting.") Or I would like to express my opinion and comment but I will not know that how can I write it :(:thumbsup: So, I will do my best :lol: "improving English"

Edited by Kira_Mind

Also, not to nit-pick, but since you did invite help with your English:

If you use the term "Objectivism" to refer to the philosophy of Ayn Rand, and not the general Greek school, then it is a proper noun and should therefore be capitalized.

Also, here is a more direct link to the ARI's articles on the war.

Like situation that (I was writting post and after that the other users answer like..."I didn't understand a word of what she was writting.") Or I would like to express my opinion and comment but I will not know that how can I write it :(:thumbsup: So, I will do my best :lol: "improving English"

Welcome to the forum, Kira. I speak and write in Polish fluently and I will be more than happy to help you. If you run into difficulties please send me a private message.

I am looking forward to your participation.

Edited by ~Sophia~

• 4 months later...