Objectivism Online Forum

contents&form

Rate this topic

Kira_Mind

An year ago I decided to be journalist. I am 14 and what's the biggest problem in my writting is contents&form. I want to reach the ideal relation between informations and form community. My style is growing - I must shape it . Maybe You know that emotion when journalist in Your "breakfast magazine" talk nonsense and that text has more pompous adjectives. There is nothing clear and directly. INFORMATION - it's journalist task. (I am writting also essays and some more kind ...but in the other way, because the book must survived - information...not). I want to show You my work- short information text. In my 13 I was reading "The Client" of Grisham and I then I wrote that :D

11-year old Mark Sway has disappeared from prison.The police and the law enforcement forces have started to search for the young fugitive.As a witness to a suicide caused by inconvenient contacts and conflicts with the New Orleans mafia.It was probably here that the teenager got into the suicider's car before the accident.Fearing the gang's revenge he decided to take a desperate fight in spite of the fact that FBI offered his mother a new apartament and a new name.Thanks to that the witnesses of the accident-Mark and his brother-Ricky,who is now hospitalized due to a shock -could forget about the horror form several years before and grow up to be a decent people.Will the desperate step of teenager lead to a tragedy?Where is Mark Sway and his lawyer-Reggie Love?Have they decided to run away from that tremendous responsibility?The police forces from the entire Memphis area are searching for some answers.

Ayn Thol.

There are few books which I could recommend. One of them is On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William K. Zinsser another The Art of Nonfiction: A Guide for Writers and Readers by Ayn Rand and Peter Schwartz. If you interested but have trouble getting them let me know.

Edited by ~Sophia~