Objectivism Online Forum

"Africentric" School

Rate this topic

avampirist

I could go on and on, there is no more dangerous place for a black child to be than anywhere near a white teacher. White teachers are statisitcally most like to attack and racially abuse black children. Which is why black parents in canada have just left the white system in the dust and opened their own africentric school with black only teachers publicly funded.

Could you go "on and on," or could you only cite a few outlier examples? I bet on the latter.

There's *NO* more dangerous a place for black students to be than around *ANY* white teacher? Do you realize you're engaging in the same racism you're railing on about?

James said:

There's *NO* more dangerous a place for black students to be than around *ANY* white teacher? Do you realize you're engaging in the same racism you're railing on about?

Hernan's "social context" must not involve places like Africa where there are bodies of water filled with crocodiles, or roaming lions, etc. He just cant see "cultural" dangers like that from an African perspective....... Edited by Plasmatic

There was a half Puerto Rican - half white guy at my high school who would cry "racist" every time he did poorly on a test. (His purpose for this was obvious: he didn't want to be responsible for his own failure. This was a private school, and he came from a cushy, well-off family.)

Racism is so heavily ingrained in some people's minds that it's the only thing they can see. They can't comprehend the existence of a mind separate from their skin color, hair/eye color, facial structure, and/or body build. It's an assumption they can't afford to challenge because it would leave too much in their own hands, and they couldn't turn their brain off anymore to satisfy their blanket convictions.

"Aristotle was white" doesn't just denote some minor fact about Aristotle. It means all whites are suddenly the equivalent of Aristotle and that, due to the immense achievement provided by this one white person, or the immense achievement of other white people, we should all just listen to white people because they're now the superior race.

Also, as a side note, "white" is poor nomenclature for "Caucasians." Caucasians have a wide range of skin tones, some darker than some "blacks," or "Sub-Saharan Africans."

Racism is so stupid I'm nearly to the point where I think it's more harmful to engage in any debate about it whatsoever. It deserves no thought. I suppose it's the perfect thing for unthinkers to latch on to: no thought needed at all, just throw a quick glance at his skin tone, and make sure he ain't actin too smart.

JASKN,

I'm glad you used the term, "nearly to the point." I am so inclined to agree with your sentiment, but honestly, I believe people should debate or have some sort of discussion about racism. The main proviso is that the people engaged in the discussion must be rational and emotionally constrained. This is the most difficult part for many, and I am finding myself included. I am having an emotional reaction reading the rants of Mr Dayoleary. The specific emotion being evoked is disgust. I am reminded of the great challenge facing all of civilization, when so many people are not going to listen to any reason, accept any proof, or seek any solution that is not in 100 percent agreement with their subjective and irrational notions. I am grateful for the few people of diverse racial and/or religious persuasions with whom I have had constructive conversations about complex problems, because their restore my optimism for the reasoning abilities of all men. In the broader public discourse, I think it is likely stubborn ignoramuses and race-bating professionals will continue to retard real progress.

How is it racist?

It's still classifying people by the nonessential (and ambiguous/false) designation of "race." ALL black students will X because black; ALL white teachers will Y because white... It's racist, just as stupid (in a literal sense) as any other form of racism.

Do you think there is no cultural differences that the average person can easily understand the difference between

1+1=2

+= ২

We all know 95% of Americans or more know 1+1 = 2 but don't know what the second lines means.  pretend culture doesn't matter is foolish.

Why can't you own up to truth?

I have no idea what you even mean.

1+1=2 no matter what language you use

culture is irrelevant, which is the point.  I can be from Mars and 1+1=2. 

I have no idea what you are trying to prove here. 

I don't know if Mike Brown had a record, if he did I was unaware.  The problem is past behaviour is no solid predictor of future behaviour.  Because if it is, there are allegations against darren wilson abusing his power in the past and working with a police department so racist it was disbanded.

While Brown seemingly did take cigars, he wasn't stopped for that, Darren Wilson didn't know that according to the sheriff and himself.  Wilson claims he stopped him for walking in the street.

The claim of him charging the officer is difficult for me to believe.  Firstly Johnson who is an eye witness said it didn't go down like that.  The other factor is using common sense.  Wilson said that Brown called him a pussy and said you won't shoot me.  But then Wilson shot him and shot at him several times.  Brown ran away.  Wilson claims Brown turned around after running away and then tried to run through the hail of bullets Brown let off.  That story sounds more like something from a movie than reality.  Who runs away, turns around mid-stride from a cop chasing them with a gun who already shot them, and tries to run through bullets?

Such a story makes no sense.  It is just far more believeable a man who was punched in the face, showed he was trigger happy,got pissed off enough to jump out his van and chase someone down the street (Rather than call for backup and wait for back up and tail him in the car) and then decided to execute the guy.

A person who was shot in the finger and shot at 3 times and ran away.  It seems odd they'd turn around after being shot and try to run through bullets, I amsure after the first 3-4 shots hit him, he didn't think he was a pussy anymore.

You are the biggest collectivist here.  You can only see skin color, you can't understand the concept of a cop just getting angry and shooting someone who ran from them.

1000.jpg

But then again, if this wasn't on tape, you'd whine collectivism and play the race card as is your expertise.

I will say this once - Try that whining and card backhanded crap from the last several sentences once more to dodge the issue with smear tactics and I'll wash my hands of this. 

I am not some altruist intellectual missionary out to cure people's defective thinking.  Your on this private forum discussing ideas related to it's philosophy.  

And if you are going to call me a collectivist for refusing to judge people by group definitions you are not even trying.  At all.  

As for this case - I am reporting facts as described to the grand jury. It is valid for a grand jury to review this case in case the cop was wrong.  This jury, which is local civilians, reviewed this case and agreed with that fact.  It's not my opinion but documented fact. 

The office was charged by the civilian and the officer defended himself. 

If thugs don't want to get shot then I recommend they don't charge police officers.  If I charged a police officer I would expect to be shot, which is why I would not do that. Not rocket science.  

The only thing racist about all of this is those who actually pointed out the race and treat random facts of skin color or zip code of birth as being relevant to basic facts of reality. 

There was a half Puerto Rican - half white guy at my high school who would cry "racist" every time he did poorly on a test. (His purpose for this was obvious: he didn't want to be responsible for his own failure. This was a private school, and he came from a cushy, well-off family.)

Racism is so heavily ingrained in some people's minds that it's the only thing they can see. They can't comprehend the existence of a mind separate from their skin color, hair/eye color, facial structure, and/or body build. It's an assumption they can't afford to challenge because it would leave too much in their own hands, and they couldn't turn their brain off anymore to satisfy their blanket convictions.

"Aristotle was white" doesn't just denote some minor fact about Aristotle. It means all whites are suddenly the equivalent of Aristotle and that, due to the immense achievement provided by this one white person, or the immense achievement of other white people, we should all just listen to white people because they're now the superior race.

Also, as a side note, "white" is poor nomenclature for "Caucasians." Caucasians have a wide range of skin tones, some darker than some "blacks," or "Sub-Saharan Africans."

Studies demonstrate that non-whites UNDER-REPORT racism of whites because they quickly learn the typical reaction to complaint of racism is WHITE DENIAL.  Further, no one gets more discriminated against then middle class non-whites.  They are the ones who get the worse brunt of racism, the bamboo ceiling, the denial of bank loans, denied jobs.  Poor people aren't even working or applying for loans.

As a white person, you struggle to see your white privileges, you struggle to see the structural racism designed against non-whites, and you won't know when a teacher is behaving racistly because the behaviour isn't directed at you.

I have no clue about your Aristotle point meaning. 

White is not a poor nomenclature for "Caucasians".

When a sign said white only in North America, it wasn't letting in these so called dark Caucasians.  I always get a kick out of people who come with these dark caucasian arguments.  Because if "caucasian" is the real race, then what are these blonde flat nose white people.... LOL

tumblr_inline_nc9xgh617D1snpmsp.jpgSUVOR3.jpg

Most normal humans would call these people white.  They aren't really within the definition of causasians their noses are too flat.  I find the caucasian system to be too problematic.  You end up with some very weird classifications that often are illogical. You end up with much of the northern euorpean contries where flat noses are common being no longer caucasian and much of eastern europe with slant eyes goes too.  Then you start including random groups of people who seemingly have the right facial features into the group.  

White is a far more logical classification.  You have white skin, you come from the germanic or slavic tribes, or in some cases the non-racially admixed indo-europeans tribesm you white.

maria-bulgaria_2712336c.jpg

What possible poof could be valid by your standards?

The same proof you'd use to consider that eurocentric schools are better.   If you wanted to prove afrocentric schools are not more moral show me why. Present some argument.  You could for instance show white students perform poorly in afrocentric schools because they are some how biased against whites and explain how they are biased against whites and other non-blacks.  I haven't come across many whites in HCBUs but the few I have read about all report positive academic and learning experiences.  You won't find a bunch of black kids singing we'll never let a cracker or a honkey into our hcbu club.

JASKN,

I'm glad you used the term, "nearly to the point." I am so inclined to agree with your sentiment, but honestly, I believe people should debate or have some sort of discussion about racism. The main proviso is that the people engaged in the discussion must be rational and emotionally constrained. This is the most difficult part for many, and I am finding myself included. I am having an emotional reaction reading the rants of Mr Dayoleary. The specific emotion being evoked is disgust. I am reminded of the great challenge facing all of civilization, when so many people are not going to listen to any reason, accept any proof, or seek any solution that is not in 100 percent agreement with their subjective and irrational notions. I am grateful for the few people of diverse racial and/or religious persuasions with whom I have had constructive conversations about complex problems, because their restore my optimism for the reasoning abilities of all men. In the broader public discourse, I think it is likely stubborn ignoramuses and race-bating professionals will continue to retard real progress.

Who are the real race baiters, the one who engage in racism and then get mad for it being pointed out to them, or the ones who suffer racism and point out what they are suffering?  Your view confirms my intial hypothesis.  European white culture and african americans cultures are incompatible.  The two groups simply bring out the worse in each other, and there is a very strong argument for separate but equal schooling systems. 

I have no idea what you even mean.

1+1=2 no matter what language you use

culture is irrelevant, which is the point.  I can be from Mars and 1+1=2. 

I have no idea what you are trying to prove here. 

Yes but can you read hindi?  Can you read chinese?  If I give you a test in swahili can you pass this test?  Stop trying to deny that culture matters.  If you cannot read what is being said, then you cannot answer the question.

I will say this once - Try that whining and card backhanded crap from the last several sentences once more to dodge the issue with smear tactics and I'll wash my hands of this. 

I am not some altruist intellectual missionary out to cure people's defective thinking.  Your on this private forum discussing ideas related to it's philosophy.  

And if you are going to call me a collectivist for refusing to judge people by group definitions you are not even trying.  At all.  

As for this case - I am reporting facts as described to the grand jury. It is valid for a grand jury to review this case in case the cop was wrong.  This jury, which is local civilians, reviewed this case and agreed with that fact.  It's not my opinion but documented fact. 

The office was charged by the civilian and the officer defended himself. 

If thugs don't want to get shot then I recommend they don't charge police officers.  If I charged a police officer I would expect to be shot, which is why I would not do that. Not rocket science.  

The only thing racist about all of this is those who actually pointed out the race and treat random facts of skin color or zip code of birth as being relevant to basic facts of reality. 

Yeah because grand jury is some how the be all and end all of facts. Half the time when a cop is charged the prosecutor hides evidence from the grand jury to make the cop look less guilty.  And the grand jury comes out of sequester and finds out the real facts from the media and says well if I knew this and that which was hidden then I would have indicted.  There is a reason most other countries moved away from a grand jury.

Even the term "Charged" by someone.  What does this even mean. So you mean of some kid or jogger is running on the street in my direction I should be able to shoot them in the heart?  The problem with Wilson's story is its just grossly unbelievable.  Who would charge someone who shot them a bunch of times? After running away?  Then turn around mid stride, and "Charge" ie run in the general direction of the person shooting you six times.  If you just look at it as two people ignore race, and other factors.  It is just highly unlikely.

There could be a trial in the future, but its unlikely to happen anytime soon or until there is a new prosecutor who is actually willing to take the case seriously.  And without a trial we will never know the truth.  But the evidence and common sense doesn't support Wilson's account.

It is not racist to point out when people are behaving in a racist manner.

Because you are judging them the color of their skin instead of the content of their character. 

I am judging them on the fact they attack black children (character) not that their skin is white.

If you could find me a white with afrocentric training and anti-racism training who doesn't behave racistly, then sure they could be in the classroom, find me a white person like tim wise, he can teach blacks, but most whites aren't near qualified.

Yes but can you read hindi?  Can you read chinese?  If I give you a test in swahili can you pass this test?  Stop trying to deny that culture matters.  If you cannot read what is being said, then you cannot answer the question.

This harkens back to this question you didn't cherry pick to respond to.

Hernan Dayoleary, are you advocating a position that the different races of humanity form concepts differently without respect to the languages and/or symbols chosen to represent them with?

1+1=2 (in conventional mathematics)

+= ২ in Hindi

or in crude Chinese

呀 + 呀 = 廿 x 廿 = 皕 which translates to Yeah + Yeah = Twenty + Twenty = Bi or Ah ah + x = twenty twenty x = bi

The Chinese on the last one either indicates a poor web translation, or just plain gobbledygook.

Edited by dream_weaver

It is not racist to point out when people are behaving in a racist manner.

But, you have demonstrated in this thread that you are racist, before, and again:

...but most whites aren't near qualified.

The very same successful African-Americans, holding down careers and managing their businesses, attended the very same US public schools as many of the African-Americans overcrowding our prison system. This is not to say that the US has a terrific school system, but that some people are able to think independently in spite of adversity.

Hernan Odayleary, lighten up on the ganja.

But, you have demonstrated in this thread that you are racist, before, and again:

Its not racist to state fact.  Most whites aren't qualified to teach black students.  They simply aren't and the evidence is the poor results and great difficulties black students suffer under white teachers.  If the white teachers were qualified, they'd be doing a better job.  They don't have the proper training.

Edited by Hernan Dayoleary

This harkens back to this question you didn't cherry pick to respond to.

The Chinese on the last one either indicates a poor web translation, or just plain gobbledygook.

Do you not realize many posters overlooked this.  Besides you everyone else blindly accepted it was.  I simply proved my point.  Culture matters.  There are people here who can't tell the difference between yeah + yeah and 1 + 1, when a cultural twist is introduced.  Including the very poster who was most loudest about culture didn't matter.  I simply proved his hypocrisy.  

The very same successful African-Americans, holding down careers and managing their businesses, attended the very same US public schools as many of the African-Americans overcrowding our prison system. This is not to say that the US has a terrific school system, but that some people are able to think independently in spite of adversity.

Hernan Odayleary, lighten up on the ganja.

I already adressed this. People always buck the system.  Doesn't mean the system isn't racist.  There were black senators and congressmen and millionaires in jim crow.  So does that mean jim crow wasn't racist?  An exception to a rule, doesn't mean there is no rule.

I simply proved my point.

I can attest that you've done the exact opposite of proving anything to anyone else's satisfaction. By the way, the "Hindi" is incorrect too, but all it really proves is that you do not have a coherent concept of "culture".

Its not racist to state fact.  

You haven't stated any facts.

Most whites aren't qualified to teach black students.  They simply aren't and the evidence is the poor results and great difficulties black students suffer under white teachers.  If the white teachers were qualified, they'd be doing a better job.  They don't have the proper training.

At the risk of being rude, BS.  Factors beyond the control of the teachers (and many of the black students) are causing those students to underperform.  You either do not want white teachers teaching black students or you dislike white people.  It explains the accusation that white teachers literally attack minority students (and, NO, your anecdotal evidence of isolated attacks in the classroom are not convincing me.  If you think my examples of exceptional black student performance represents an exception to the rule then apply your standard of evaluation to your own evidence.  Special pleading doesn't work on this forum.  We aren't that dumb.)

Do you not realize many posters overlooked this.  Besides you everyone else blindly accepted it was.  I simply proved my point.  Culture matters.  There are people here who can't tell the difference between yeah + yeah and 1 + 1, when a cultural twist is introduced.  Including the very poster who was most loudest about culture didn't matter.  I simply proved his hypocrisy.

If you believe everyone else is blindly accepting this and/or the rest of what you are posting, your missing the points that have been made to you.

1+1=2 no matter if you use Elvish or another made up language.  It is incidental to the fact of reality that 1+1=2 no matter who says it. 

Or to put in another way:  It is the fact being ignored in favor of non-essentials that have nothing to do with anything.

Like being Chinese somehow makes 1+1=3.

Yeah because grand jury is some how the be all and end all of facts. Half the time when a cop is charged the prosecutor hides evidence from the grand jury to make the cop look less guilty.  And the grand jury comes out of sequester and finds out the real facts from the media and says well if I knew this and that which was hidden then I would have indicted.  There is a reason most other countries moved away from a grand jury.

No - the were in the reports and WITNESS TESTOMNY given to the grand jury and they agreed with them despite all of the media focus on things outside of the facts.

Even the term "Charged" by someone.  What does this even mean. So you mean of some kid or jogger is running on the street in my direction I should be able to shoot them in the heart?  The problem with Wilson's story is its just grossly unbelievable.  Who would charge someone who shot them a bunch of times? After running away?  Then turn around mid stride, and "Charge" ie run in the general direction of the person shooting you six times.  If you just look at it as two people ignore race, and other factors.  It is just highly unlikely.

Charged means the man ran at the target with his head down like a linebacker playing football PER WITNESS TESTIMONY.

But I have already pointed that out.

And since skin color somehow determines if 1+1=2 I will also point out several of those witnesses were black. 

I am judging them on the fact they attack black children (character) not that their skin is white.

If you could find me a white with afrocentric training and anti-racism training who doesn't behave racistly, then sure they could be in the classroom, find me a white person like tim wise, he can teach blacks, but most whites aren't near qualified.

Random facts of skin color that we have no control over is character?

Honesty or individuality is character since it is something you have a choice over. Random facts of birth you have no control over is an attribute. 

This is why I participated in thee discussions because I think you have unlocked the critical error here in society.  To many people actually think character (i.e. mental attributes we choose) are related to random facts of appearance or zip code of birth (things we do not have control over).

If such critical thinking has gone that far down the rabbit whole were are cooked as a society.  Tribalism indeed.