Objectivism Online Forum

Are All Christians Cannibals?

Rate this topic

HP11

We were out walking the dogs in the desert this evening, when a fragrant smell wafted over the creosote, saguaro and cholla...from the direction of the distant white spire above the local Baptist church.

"Mmmm, smells like barbecue," she said.

"That's right," I replied, "you have your choice of beef, pork or human. The barbecue sauce is right over there! Dig in!

For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, abides in me, and I in him."

"That is so gross!" she said.

"Jus' talkin' 'bout John, 6:55."

Edited by HP11

I classify 6 overlapping and mutually-implicit cannibalisms. Some examples supplied:

1. The Cannibalism of Meat (but only once per victim, and of one’s own not at all. Not very

efficient.).

2. The Cannibalism of of Money (slavery, involuntary prostitution, taxation, conscription,

loansharking, gambling, politics, war, other theft. Somewhat more efficient).

3. The Cannibalism of of Mind (fraud, bad law, plagiarism, propaganda, emotion-pandering

advertising and salesmanship, cosmetics, dressing-up, bullshit-in-general.)

4. The Cannibalism of of Soul, in which the cannibal devours one’s free will in order to

conquer and even reproduce his soul by forcibly implanting it into his victims’ heads

(religion, brainwashing, indoctrination, subjugation through fear, hereditary identity and

obligation, public education, collectivism, racism, hereditary class, statism, parasitism from

below as well as above, etc. Not to be confused with proper parental guidance.)

5. The Cannibalism of of Self (self-sacrifice: to believe that any of the above are necessary,

good, or holy, and to willingly participate therein.)

6. The Cannibalism of Totalitarianism (all of these combined: 1984, militant religion.)

Ayn Rand is the first person to blow the whistle on and understand all these, much better than I; and Objectivism is the first and only way to fight them consistently and thoroughly.

• 1 month later...
We were out walking the dogs in the desert this evening, when a fragrant smell wafted over the creosote, saguaro and cholla...from the direction of the distant white spire above the local Baptist church.

"Mmmm, smells like barbecue," she said.

"That's right," I replied, "you have your choice of beef, pork or human. The barbecue sauce is right over there! Dig in!

For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, abides in me, and I in him."

"That is so gross!" she said.

"Jus' talkin' 'bout John, 6:55."

No.

Flesh is the "flesh" of a mushroom, blood is the dew that accumulates on a mushroom. Ancient (and modern) cultures thought that you can have a connection to God by taking drugs.