Objectivism Online Forum

Trouble w/ Chat

Rate this topic

K-Mac

For about the past 2-3 weeks, or maybe just a bit more, chat has been very laggy and kicks users out frequently. This is happening for several different users from several different machines (home and office, etc.) so I don't think it's just me. Any idea what may be causing this or a time frame for repairs? Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
...and now it appears I cannot get into chat. At least, I see the screen but no dialog in it.

I've never been able to access the chat.

I'm getting the error: (01:12:47) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 302

...and now it appears I cannot get into chat. At least, I see the screen but no dialog in it.

Okay--I was able to get in by using Internet Explorer 6.0 instead of Firefox 1.0. Now that I've upgraded Firefox to 3.0 it works as well (bye bye, IE). But for the last few days I have been getting lot of Connection Status: 0 messages--though it seems to work again in just a couple of seconds. But one time last night three of us got kicked out simultaneously.

Okay--I was able to get in by using Internet Explorer 6.0 instead of Firefox 1.0. Now that I've upgraded Firefox to 3.0 it works as well (bye bye, IE). But for the last few days I have been getting lot of Connection Status: 0 messages--though it seems to work again in just a couple of seconds. But one time last night three of us got kicked out simultaneously.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using FF3 and have tried IE6.

For whatever it's worth, and I'm not technical, when I can't get into chat, I clear my temporary inet files and cookies and I get back in with no trouble. I also use Maxthon as my browser and seem to have fewer problems than those with Firefox.

Grant,

I just checked the logs. The problem you're experiencing is not a result of browser or speed. I have seen this particular error when someone tried to connect to chat using an "accelerator" ...e.g. Google's accelerator. Do you have one running? If so, shut it down and try again.

Edited by softwareNerd

Grant,

I just checked the logs. The problem you're experiencing is not a result of browser or speed. I have seen this particular error when someone tried to connect to chat using an "accelerator" ...e.g. Google's accelerator. Do you have one running? If so, shut it down and try again.

Nope. Nothing of the sort running. Maybe it's on my ISP's side? :-/

• 1 month later...
Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using FF3 and have tried IE6.

Hey,

I am also using FF3.0 version. It's wonderful and fast also as compare to IE7.

And FF has add once tools to be internet friendly. You can customize firefox as per your work. :D

-----------------------

Thanks

Kevin Douglas

Cheshire, UK

Classic-Corporatewear.com My Fashion Store

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.