Objectivism Online Forum

20th century Objectivist artists needed

Rate this topic

OhHeyItsSwan

I am doing a project in my architecture class where we get to design a studio/house for an artist of our choice. However, the whole concept of the design has to be based on the personality of the artist and not just an architectural version of their artwork (if that makes sense). Also, I am trying to stay away from big famous painters/sculptors as I also want to work the "non-conforming" side of an artist in there too. AND I KNOW that just because some like Salvidor Dali, for example, who is well known does not mean that he is a conforming, low life second-hander. I would just like someone who hasn't really been "accepted" yet. I know this is quite a bit to ask for and now I feel like I am rambling so I will leave you with that and hope you guys can lend some ideas (really, just throw out a few names!)

post-4697-1206689243_thumb.jpg

I am doing a project in my architecture class where we get to design a studio/house for an artist of our choice. However, the whole concept of the design has to be based on the personality of the artist and not just an architectural version of their artwork (if that makes sense). Also, I am trying to stay away from big famous painters/sculptors as I also want to work the "non-conforming" side of an artist in there too. AND I KNOW that just because some like Salvidor Dali, for example, who is well known does not mean that he is a conforming, low life second-hander. I would just like someone who hasn't really been "accepted" yet. I know this is quite a bit to ask for and now I feel like I am rambling so I will leave you with that and hope you guys can lend some ideas (really, just throw out a few names!)

http://www.cordair.com/

i love bryan larson!

If you actually look in this very sub-forum, you'll also see many examples. Sophia in particular is one of our users who regularly brings us interesting contemporary art.

http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showforum=78

Oh, and in addition to Larsen at Cordair Gallery (I've got one of his prints hanging in my house), I particularly like Dannielle Anjou's sculpture.

Edited by KendallJ