Objectivism Online Forum

Bush declares Objectivism "a threat to America"

Rate this topic

"In latest years I was in doubt, but when our intelligence reported that adepts of this godless philosophy are indeed behind 9/11, I could no longer stand aside".

So, we got exposed. What are we gonna do next? We'd better respond, Brothers, before it's too late!

"In latest years I was in doubt, but when our intelligence reported that adepts of this godless philosophy are indeed behind 9/11, I could no longer stand aside".

So, we got exposed. What are we gonna do next? We'd better respond, Brothers, before it's too late!

What is it Bush was trying to say?

This discussion seems pretty silly. I doubt President Bush has even heard of Objectivism. Lex, the burden of proof is on you to elevate this thread into something that is worth discussing by showing that Bush really said this and was referring to Objectivism. Right now, this thread stands in my mind as just arbitrary nonsense.

I tried to watch a Bush press conference once. I was so embarrased for this country that I've never watched another. That, and all of his gaffes made me want to hurl. How many times can a grown man say "uhh..." in one sentance?

I tried to watch a Bush press conference once. I was so embarrased for this country that I've never watched another. That, and all of his gaffes made me want to hurl. How many times can a grown man say "uhh..." in one sentance?

Let alone "nucular"! Has Mr. Bush forgotten that "nucular" reactions begin in the nucleus of an atom? Doesn't his wife--who is a former librarian--ever remind him about how to pronounce certain words properly? Every time he mispronounces something it only makes him appear to be unintelligent.

And I would second Galileo Blog's statement that if the first post of this thread is an April Fool's joke, it's not funny. I don't like someone making light of both Objectivism and 9/11 in the same sentence.

In general when people make fun of Bush's lack of intelligence, I think to myself, well, he is a typical modern conservative. And what are conservatives usually criticized for. Isn't it being reactionary, and behind the times, someone who opposes change. Ok that means he probably will not do any changing of his own initiative or of others whose goal is merely to "conserve". That leaves those who oppose him to influence his makeup. I would say the lack of intelligence of Bush, if I knew nothing else of the american left would lead me to conclude that his opponents(I mean those whose voices are large enough to be heard*) were probably just as stupid as him. If his visable opponents did more than chant "Bush=Hitler" or more to the point if they were smarter to begin with, then a person like Bush would never get elected. In a sense Bush is the left's "frankenstein monster" as Rand once used the term.

* I don't mean anything about anyone here or even of any one person, just a general observation of a cause(among others) for which Bush is the effect.

Edited by jay

Here's a question, imagining for a moment that Objectivism gathered a significant amount of support... How do you believe the government would react to Objectivist's/O'ist activism?

Here's a question, imagining for a moment that Objectivism gathered a significant amount of support... How do you believe the government would react to Objectivist's/O'ist activism?

Probably the same way the govt and the people in general responded to communism. It would deny BEING communist/objectivist(honestly) while at the same time adopting all the political policies consistant with objectivism all the while still claiming objectivism to be extremist and impracticable.What about you?