Objectivism Online Forum

If AS were an audiobook

Rate this topic

Oxygen

If Atlas Shrugged would be made in the form of a audio book, I would prefer if Harry Binswanger would be the narrator. Because he has a intelligent, calm, assertive and pleasant voice. (Ayn Rand Bookstore sells several products of his, for example "Ayn Rand' Philosophic Achievment").

AS as audiobook would be great to listen to.

Edited by Oxygen

If Atlas Shrugged would be made in the form of a audio book, I would prefer if Harry Binswanger would be the narrator. Because he has a intelligent, calm, assertive and pleasant voice. (Ayn Rand Bookstore sells several products of his, for example "Ayn Rand' Philosophic Achievment").

AS as audiobook would be great to listen to.

AS has been an audio book for many years. It is read by Christopher Hurt who has done many books. The Fountainhead is done by Edward Harriman. Both do an excellent job IMO.

Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, Anthem, and We The Living, plus many more of Ms. Rand's works are available through Audible.com for significant discounts.

I personally love Audible - buy the book cheap (I use the Premium plan which gives me 2 credits a month for $25/ish, and each of Rand's books is 1 credit), burn it to CD yourself, listen at your leisure.

I spent most of February and March listening to Atlas Shrugged. :P

AS has been an audio book for many years. It is read by Christopher Hurt who has done many books. The Fountainhead is done by Edward Harriman. Both do an excellent job IMO.

There is also a version of Atlas Shrugged by Edward Hermann. I have not heard the Hurt version, but I love Edward Hermann's reading of Galt's Speech. I'll even frequently play it in my office at work, or listen to it at the gym. (at 45 minutes long, it works perfectly into a cardio routine). Plus I love The History Channel so I already have Edward Hermann's voice pretty well engrained in my brain lol.

On a side note, if he wasn't before, do you think after performing these audio books that Edward Hermann would now be an objectivist? I wonder.