Objectivism Online Forum

School Boy's Birthday Party Violates Children's Rights Law In

Rate this topic

Clawg

At the time of the child handing out his invitations during class time, his teacher spotted that two of the class had not received invitations to the party. It was then that the teacher intervened and confiscated the whole number of invites.

In the meantime, the parents of the boy have been outraged at the case and the father of the child has logged in a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman. The two who were not invited to the party were to friends who had fallen out with the boy – one of the children had not invited the boy to his own party.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/256865

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hP3NgW...MthMB8oZ-tKh2Yg

Micromanaging child birthdays, that's the proper role of the government....

"I don't like you being at my birthday, but here take an invitation card, the school said I have to invite you in order for you to have the illusion that I like you. Have a nice day."?

Sorry, I don't get it. Is it just some part of the child's psyche I don't understand?

Somehow this remembers me of hate-speech laws...

Sorry, I don't get it. Is it just some part of the child's psyche I don't understand?
No, I think the educators are the ones who do not understand that children can easily get the idea not being invited to someone's party -- they don't invite everyone from their class.

Indeed young children will sometimes have these crazy ranking conversations where X will tell Y something like this (in slightly different terms): "well, you're not my best friend, but I think I'll make you number 4 after A, B and C". Funny thing is that Y will often be quite happy about this ranking, and no offence is meant or taken!