Objectivism Online Forum

The Picture of Dorian Grey

Rate this topic

John Kintaro

This is a book by Oscar Wilde I read some time ago, I rather enjoyed it. It is probably one of the more interesting books I have read, I particularly enjoy the witty dialogue and the general style of the prose. I certainly couldn't classify any of the characters as heroic, however the plot is intriguing. I'd suggest it to the sorts of people who like things that are "weird for the sake of weird," or just something plainly funny. The plot however is a bit tragic, the ending makes it a bit better with the service of some justice to the protagonist, Dorian Grey, I won't go into details or I'll spoil it!

The book has some classic jokes in it, said by Lord Henry. I'm sure it can make anyone laugh!

Hmm...I've heard of this title some time ago, but strayed away from it since some reviews said that the prose was quite boring, but perhaps I'll check it out. I do have a question though: Wasn't this book translated with the help of Anthony Burgess? My memory hints at it.

• 9 months later...