Objectivism Online Forum

Looking For Roommates?

Rate this topic

AwakeAndFree

Hi everyone.

There are tons of Roommate finders online, but I thought I'd check here first - maybe someone I know from these forums is looking for a roommate.

I'll be looking for a room in an apartment with good roommates in or around NYC.

Planning to make the jump around mid-September. :P

If you will have a room by that time, please let me know.

Reasons why to take an Objectivist as a roommate:

1. He will respect your individual roommate rights.

2. He will laissez faire.

3. He will understand that the dishes can't be done and not done at the same time and in the same respect.

Any more ideas?

Haha. I lived with an Objectivist for the past year and it was great, for the exact reasons you listed. If I was going to be in NYC in September (and I wish I was going to be) then I would extend an invitation.

And out of curiousity, why did you take down your website?

Are you doing grad work in Houston or are you thinking about a job here? I've got a house across from HBU and am thinking about getting a roomate. PM me.

Oh, and you could call the Objectivist roomate matching service The Fountainhead.net. After all, it would be a bit like a virtual apartment complex for Objectivists. ha ha.

Is it time for an Objectivist roomate matching service? :-)

I'll jump in: 

I am looking for a roomate in Austin or Houston TX sometime after Dec.

And out of curiousity, why did you take down your website?

Well, I found out that blogging encouraged me to publish unedited articles of lower quality than I could have written. It's nice for the layman, but it can reflects badly on someone who aspires to write professionally.

I also found that it encouraged people to judge me and my views out of context, based on reading one post or another.

Right now I'm too busy finishing two seminar papers and planning my move to the US (not to mention working for a living), so I can't really maintain a flow of high-quality content.

Now, as for the original idea of searching a roommate over here - it doen't seem to be fruitful. I guess I'll have to look at the regular roommate websites. :)

Hey!

I really need a roommate for Tallahassee, FL. I've spoken to two people about the room and they were all "i'll move in next week!" but i've been trying to call them for days and they are no where to be found. So incredibly aggravating.

The place is quite large, you get your own bathroom, and rent is 295 a month. Utilities not included. Email me at my address if you are interested -> [email protected]

thanks!

Are you doing grad work in Houston or are you thinking about a job here? I've got a house across from HBU and am thinking about getting a roomate. PM me.

I am working in La Grange, but I plan to start telecommuting after a few months here.

Are there any other Objectivist groups in the Austin/Houston areas? I live in the middle of nowhere, so I would like to make some friends there.

http://www.houstonobjectivism.com/ There is a meeting once a month and is very much ARI focused. The library is second to none and they have a bike team for the MS150. As for Austin I can't think of any. I'm thinking there was a Central Texas Objectivists group but I wouldn't quote myself on it. I lived in Austin for a while but never ran into any other than the UT group.

Oddly enough none of the 8 or so colleges here have a Students of Objectivism chapter. The UH one, where I was introduced to Rand, was started by the gentlemen that also started the Houston Objectivism group. The school chapter is no longer active from what I understand.

And yes, La Grange is in the middle of nowhere. PLENTY of time to read.

I am working in La Grange, but I plan to start telecommuting after a few months here.

Are there any other Objectivist groups in the Austin/Houston areas?  I live in the middle of nowhere, so I would like to make some friends there.

Okay, my turn. Please contact me if you are looking for a place to stay in the Washington D.C. Metro Area. Not only am the World's Coolest Roommate, and not only do I live in the World's Coolest Home, but I'll also give you signed copies of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.

P.S. They will be signed by me.

Okay, my turn.  Please contact me if you are looking for a place to stay in the Washington D.C. Metro Area.  Not only am the World's Coolest Roommate, and not only do I live in the World's Coolest Home, but I'll also give you signed copies of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.

P.S.  They will be signed by me.

Wow, sounds like a great deal! :confused:

Move a little to the north, and you've got me!

I changed the title to reflect the subject better.

Isn't there anyone here from NY or NJ, or anywhere around NYC?

Depends when you're looking at..

I'm, hopefully, moving in January closer to school - Rutgers, New Brunswick

It's an hour commute to NYC from NB, so perhaps not an option?

Of course, time is flexable on my side.. I wouldn't know about yours

Send a PM

TB

PS: I'm not an O'ist yet, although I'm working on it :)

• 3 months later...