Objectivism Online Forum

Advice on a Good History of Isreal?

Rate this topic

Sarrisan

When discussing the middle-east with people, the topic of Isreal and how they "invaded" Palestine almost inevitably comes up. I have a very vague understanding of what happened back then -- but it is all third or fourth-hand knowledge, if not worse. This makes it difficult to debate effectively, as any middle-east discussion I have with someone usually hits a brick-wall at this point.

So, I wish to ask you all here whether you have some recommendations as to good histories written on the subject, especially pertaining to current-day issues. Also, I would prefer it to be from a more or less Objectivist point of view, since that is the position I am most likely to be arguing from. I'd like a book best, but any lecture series or such would be welcome as well.

I would look around myself, but I have very limited funds to use in exploring the subject, so I want to go for the best possible source first and make my money spread far as possible.