Objectivism Online Forum

Your thoughts on this blog on "Philosophy"?

Rate this topic

I can't find a reading list anywhere, but I am not an administrator, only a poster. I would certainly say that the people that run that board are no friends of either libertarianism, Kelly or the Brandens for that matter. I wouldn't be there for a second if I saw any support for it, and I have not. It is actually a fun place where collectivists go to get skinned and acid-bathed, and capitalism and Objectivism are cherished. I too, am as about as intolerant on this sort of issue as can be found. Sometimes you think you've swam across the river without getting any leeches, but there one is.

My apologies to the admins of CapitalistParadise if I spoke out of turn or right.

And now that I've done a little checking I.Kant is Norri is ComradeRed. What the **&*&(^&(&!!!! hell is wrong with this guy?!

Individuals who attempt to twist Objectivism in the manner of TOC aren’t tolerated on the Capitalist Paradise boards. Not because of the actual positions they take but because they are lying by associating themselves with Objectivism.

I must note that the forum was never intended as a place where everyone agrees with each other on every issue that comes under discussion. It is first and foremost a place to discuss capitalism, not necessarily Objectivism. There is already a quality Objectivist-only forum (this one) and I felt no need to create another. However, I have ensured that all of the administrator’s are Objectivists. Non-Objectivist advocates of unrestricted capitalism are generally welcome, but never put on the administrator staff.

I can't find a reading list anywhere, but I am not an administrator, only a poster.

http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/

This website (that inspector linked to) includes a “reading list” section that links to articles by Kelly and Swan.

Also, under the “links” section you will find the URL’s of both the ARI and TOC.

I was talking about the "Online Articles" in the "Reading List" section of the web site you referenced in your own post on your forum. He is the author of one of those articles.

I have some 800 or so posts on that forum, so it would've helped if you had been more specific. But I've cleared that up for now. It looks like this board has a wiki, which should be a much better resource to link to, so I will do that from now on. There is nothing wrong with the specific articles that I posted and now with the disclaimers I added, it should be fine.

As Invictus said, the author links both ARI and TOC and does not take a side. That's cowardly as far as I am concerned, but I didn't think he was actually in the Kelly camp. As I said, I will be wary of that author's material.

I would certainly say that the people that run that board are no friends of either libertarianism, Kelly or the Brandens for that matter. I wouldn't be there for a second if I saw any support for it, and I have not.

I am glad to hear that. Nevertheless, I was invited to go there and the first philosophy post I saw, by the one who invited me, had voluminous quotes from a web site that linked to suggested reading from Kelley and his institute and other pseudo-Objectivistivists, as well as having an online article by someone personally known to me to be a gross distorter of Objectivism. Considering that that was what I found on my first cursory look, I had no interest in looking any further.

Perhaps what I observed was an anomaly, but now, especially after my rather distasteful interchange on another thread here in this forum, with one of the moderators of that group, I have even less reason to return to that forum.

Maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I utterly fail to get from the forum to the link Invictus provided above or from the link to the forum.

No matter, I only go to the forum itself. Some of the stuff on the reading list looked highly dubious, but I think my shield is hard enough.