Objectivism Online Forum

Outsourcing with Costa Rica's Call Center.

Rate this topic

Richard Blank

http://www.costaricascallcenter.com

Costa Rica’s Call Center (CCC) is a state of the art outsourcing company located in the Central American country of Costa Rica. Our focus is to personally offer key telemarketing services to small and medium sized companies looking for a proven method of expanding their business. Costa Rica’s Call Center gives any company a competitive advantage by providing our clients more than twice the number of highly trained and educated bilingual staff for the same price as they would pay within their local area.

In addition, Costa Rica’s Call Center stays focused on managing no more than a hundred seat call center, one campaign at a time, in order to properly control quality, performance and positive employee morale.Once capacity is reached, another call center will be created in order to keep our results and expectations consistently high. We encourage you to visit one of our call centers on your next personal vacation or business trip to Central America’s paradise, Costa Rica.

Richard Blank is the Chief Executive Officer for Costa Rica’s Call Center, a division of Cheyenne Consultants, a company incorporated in Costa Rica. At the beginning of the decade, Mr. Blank relocated to Costa Rica to train over 500 employees for one of the larger call centers in Central America. By utilizing his motivational public speaking style backed by tactful and appropriate rhetoric, he has successfully prepared and managed some of the finest telemarketers in the country for the past nine years. In addition, Mr. Blank has earned the reputation of running a school for telemarketing and is often sought after for private training sessions and consultation.

In anticipation of CAFTA, Mr. Blank became a strategic partner of the Pacific Rim Chamber of Commerce, Beverly Hills, California and Selway Global Communications, Tempe, Arizona to expand Costa Rica’s international telecommunications and business appeal. Mr. Blank holds a bachelors degree in Communication and Spanish from the University of Arizona and a certificate of language proficiency from the University of Sevilla, Spain.

Actually, this *particular* forum is precisely the place to market goods and services. I just doubt whether anyone who regularly participates on this forum would have a use or interest in this particular category of services, so it's probably worth what most unpaid advertising is worth, viz, nothing.

However, I could be wrong, so knock yourself out.

funandlearning,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I can understand your point, yet this is a great topic where many have objected. I guess I was interested in opinions and good rhetoric.

JMeganSnow,

Nice to meet you. Nobody here wants to speak with a telemarketer around 6PM during dinner.

Richard

G'day Richard, welcome to the Forum!

Nobody here wants to speak with a telemarketer around 6PM during dinner.

Try being a door-to-door surveytaker with a quota to meet, still walking around at that time of the day. I had some fun times, and not-so-fun times.

JJM

Edited by John McVey

John McVey,

You must have some interesting stories. B2B is common, but entering people's homes is a different type of adventure.

Seanjos,

Thanks for the welcome and support. Everyone has to do something these days to earn a living. The goal is to do it the best.

I used to do a form of telemarketing where I'd call people to get them to make blood donations. It got tiresome after a while because we didn't do any cold-calling, so we wound up calling the same people over and over and annoying the heck out of them. They even used to call *me* after I became permanently deferred because of the "mad cow" scare.

I am a *terrible* salesperson because I don't believe in trying to "sell" people things--nor do I really believe in measuring myself or my work by a comparative standard. Best just means better than other people. I'd rather hear "good".

My preference for communication between a seller and a potential customer always takes the form of education--you're there to make your superior knowledge of the product in question available to the customer so they can fill their needs. The WORST thing to say in that sort of situation is "do you have any questions?" I'm sorry, if you're doing the talking, you should be the one who knows the most about the topic, which means you should *know* what the other person needs to know. You need to *have* knowledge in order to even *ask questions*.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little peeved right now because I've been trying to apply at this college for a month now, and every day they call me to ask "do you have any questions?" and I always wind up saying, "well, no . . . so why exactly can't I sign up for classes yet?" and they give me the runaround or shove me off on some other website where I have to fill out forms for unspecified reasons.

My suggestion would be to throw a rhetorical question back at them.

I like to tell my agents that "strangers are friends that you have not met yet".

With a positive and non threatening attitude, phone calls can produce clients. Finally, I believe that females are much better on the phone than males, period.

I am sure you didn't do too bad...

Nice to meet you too.

Yes, people can indeed be inspiring! I went through your site and I think I know what you mean.

I was just laughing because it's the last line of perhaps my favorite Simpsons episode, incidentally the one of the "Ayn Rand School for Tots" scenes.

I've worked in -many!- Argentine call centers, and aside from the company-specific ones, most are a mess with several campaigns going on at the same time, and millions spent in hiring labor just to fire it a week later at exorbitant discharge costs. How is economic (specifically labor) freedom in Costa Rica?

• 5 months later...

volco,

Good question and just as bad.

Amazing how much time and money is spent to hire and train a call center agent.

Then, sometimes they will leave for another center and take all of my experience with them.

Still, my attrition rate is under 5% which I consider is pretty good.

Richard

• 5 months later...

Elysium,

Thanks for the reply and interest.

I have not done a government contract as of yet. I would be open to discuss the opportunity.

In regards to human resources, I own a call center and have sold my soul to finding the best people. For myself, and when clients need my assistance.

That is a different game.

Richard

Edited by Richard Blank

• 2 years later...

Hi Richard,

I heard stories that businesses and properties in Costa Rica put a barb-wire fence around. Are you doing this for your business location ? Are you putting electricity in the fence ? I am considering buying some remote land in USA, which I will be able to visit only occasionally, and I wonder how to secure it. Do you think an electric fence will stop people from stealing stuff inside ? Would a hangar with lock stop people ? What are your experience or maybe you heard of some people in Costa Rica with similar problem?

I was also considering to buy land in the Negev Desert in Israel, but it is known that beduins steal everything in the teritorry and I would have to pay 24/7 security to watch over it. I imagine situation in other places is not so xtreme. How is it in Costa Rica ?

Thanks,

Boris