Objectivism Online Forum

Taking over the Internet

Rate this topic

prosperity

Hello,

I'm trying to find folks on this board who own websites, preferably related to money and finance, that would like to join me in taking over google :lol:

Seriously, I have a proposal that would be mutually beneficial (and relatively cheap to implement) to help increase our placement in the SERPs, provide the Objective information that is desperately needed out there, and generate more traffic and, of course, money.

If you want more info, please PM me with "SERP strategy" or something similar in the subject line.

Thanks,

Why take over Google?

Wouldn't it actually be cheaper to make a new search engine for example?

No, it wouldn't. You need two things for a search engine. The engine (not the hard part if you are good at coding), and then you need people searching on it. I have no desire to compete with google, I just want to make money from them by climbing up their search results and tapping into their existing clientele.

I need a few other people who would like to do the same.

Why take over Google?

Wouldn't it actually be cheaper to make a new search engine for example?

Your not taking over Google the company. He means, taking over the results of their searches. There are ways to make it where you are on the front page of a Google search, which in turn guarantees lots of traffic.

Your not taking over Google the company. He means, taking over the results of their searches. There are ways to make it where you are on the front page of a Google search, which in turn guarantees lots of traffic.

That's exactly right. I've been a little irritated at google for a while...I think their search relevancy has kind of gone down the tubes a little (well I guess it depends on what you're searching for)...but there's been times where the search results had absolutely nothing to do with what I typed in the box...so then I got an idea.

Anyway, I'd like to see more of my stuff on the first page because it's good material.

Silly me, thinking he'd propose something so silly. :lol:

But how does one invluence the Google?

Silly me, thinking he'd propose something so silly. :lol:

But how does one invluence the Google?

Google's algorithms for search results are automatic. A combination of relevant content on the page and people linking to the content.

For example, most links around the web saying "Ayn Rand" or similar go to the ARI or wikipedia - and the ARI and wikipedia have lots of relevant content, so they are the first on the list.

• 2 weeks later...
Google's algorithms for search results are automatic. A combination of relevant content on the page and people linking to the content.

For example, most links around the web saying "Ayn Rand" or similar go to the ARI or wikipedia - and the ARI and wikipedia have lots of relevant content, so they are the first on the list.

Right, I'm surprised that more people haven't showed interest...

...from what I have learned, it's basically about relevant content and one way links. You already see this for certain keywords. There are, maybe 10 or 15 people that are all friends...and they all link to each other's site using anchor text keywords that they want to rank for, but they do it in such a way that everyone is getting one way links (as opposed to reciprocal links).

For example, if you google "how to make money online" (also google "how to make money), you'll see this guy's site makemoneyforbeginners.blogspot.com

Now he doesn't sell anything...though he could...but see who he is outranking for that term. He has a crappy looking blog and he outranks forbes.com for the term "how to make money". And that's a very competitive keyword. I've exchanged emails with him and a few of his friends...doing what he did isn't terribly difficult.

I'm sure the same thing could be done on other topics...like finance (for me), or environmentalism (I could probably venture a little into that myself), Global Warming, or any other keyword that you'd want an Objectivist site ranking up top. Lots of people use google every day.

...anyone see any potential there? Anybody?

It is actually quite difficult to beat Google in a manner that is useful. As a simple experiment, we can get a few people pointing to ObjectivismOnline.net and see if it goes beyond it's position of between 7 through 9 on a search for "Objectivism", a position it has held for at least a few years.

Google does not merely use the number of links, but also assigns weights to each link. In addition, Google gives weight to content; with the domain-name appearing to play an important role. Finally, there are some who claim that there's a manual component.

There seems to be some set of people who are into the whole SEO thing, all cross-linking to each other for no rhyme or reason. I suspect some type of network-marketing scam is involved in many of them.

It is actually quite difficult to beat Google in a manner that is useful. As a simple experiment, we can get a few people pointing to ObjectivismOnline.net and see if it goes beyond it's position of between 7 through 9 on a search for "Objectivism", a position it has held for at least a few years.

Google does not merely use the number of links, but also assigns weights to each link. In addition, Google gives weight to content; with the domain-name appearing to play an important role. Finally, there are some who claim that there's a manual component.

There seems to be some set of people who are into the whole SEO thing, all cross-linking to each other for no rhyme or reason. I suspect some type of network-marketing scam is involved in many of them.

Well, from what I have read you are right it's not about number of links per se. It is mainly about what I've mentioned before which is relevancy of the site that is linking to yours, and relevancy of the content on your site, and inbound links. I suppose there are a few other things that factor in, but email the guy on the website in the previous post. He'll tell you how he did it and you can sort of reverse engineer it.

I thought it was pretty cool. You're not "gaming" the system, you are giving google exactly what they want. I think what is different about it is that you are not waiting around hoping that someone with a relevant site links to yours using anchor text keywords that you want to rank for.