Objectivism Online Forum

Hello

Rate this topic

Well then, here I am. Finally I found a forum for objectivists. I were actually looking for a forum such as this one when I found it, and it has looked promising so far. I'm a student and live in Norway. Though I am new to objectivism my father has been an objectivist for quite a long time, and thus I have learned some of the priciples through discussions with him. I am now reading Atlas Shrugged, and I'm hoping to learn much about objectivism while lurking around in this forum.

Andreas

Andreas: Welcome to the forum! Don't be shy about joining in or asking questions.

It gladdens my heart to meet Objectivists or students of Objectivism from other countries. (I admit to feeling a little thrill of jealousy, however. I do well to speak proper English, much less write it. I envy those who speak more than one language.)

Thanks for welcoming me.

Did you know there are many Objectivist in Norway and there is going to be a major European Objectivist Conference in London in a few weeks?

I did know (through my dad) that there were not so few objectivists in Norway. It was a long time ago though, but i will try to search them out :D .

Concerning the conference in london I would have loved to join, but I am afraid I dont'n have the money. (we could try though, to pass a law making the private companies of norway pay the journey for me, or force the airliners to let me travel just because i don't have the money to pay them. I think it will be fairly easy) Anyway, i was wondering what one does at such a conference, how long it lasts, the form of the conference, and so on. Could anyone be so kind to enlighten me?

And Oldsalt: I can express myself fairly good in english, but as you may have discovered already, there are quite a lot spelling and grammar-mistakes. Please excuse them. Btw, I will gladdly teach you norwegian :rolleyes: .

Anyway, i was wondering what one does at such a conference, how long it lasts, the form of the conference, and so on. Could anyone be so kind to enlighten me?

Objectivist conferences have varied from a day to two weeks in length. The main activity is listening to lectures by Objectivists on various philosophically relevant subjects in which they are experts with planned social activities and opportunities for informal socializing.

Here is the web site for the European Conference this year and you can see what they will be doing: http://www.icognition.biz/iCon2004.

The web site for this past summer's U.S.Conference is here: http://www.objectivistconferences.com/.