Objectivism Online Forum

Economic Humor

Rate this topic

prosperity

• 2 weeks later...
lol. awesome. thank you sir

Well hey; isn't a TARP what you throw over a problem to cover it up.

Now you're playing in my backyard.

We can play this game, too.

Good-guys Against Legalized Theft

and

Radical Associations to Nullify Democrats

Of coarse, the bad guys can get with the program and have the

Federal Restrictions Initiative for Climate Optimization. [insert groan here]

Well hey; isn't a TARP what you throw over a problem to cover it up.

Now you're playing in my backyard.

We can play this game, too.

Good-guys Against Legalized Theft

and

Radical Associations to Nullify Democrats

Of coarse, the bad guys can get with the program and have the

Federal Restrictions Initiative for Climate Optimization. [insert groan here]

That should be

Federal Restrictions Initiatives System for Climate Optimization.

You think that's bad? A few years ago when the prices for heating fuel skyrocketed in Ohio, the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio came up with a strategic initiative called something like the "Heating Emergency Assistance Protocol".

Yes, we got a HEAP of PUCO. You don't have to lampoon these guys, they do it themselves.

Let's see how this goes down. Some explanations first:

In Mexico we have a mixed economy, meaning the state owns outrights several large companies (and holds a monopoly in their fields). A great many of these incorporate the term "Mexico" or "Mexican" in their names. Thus you have the oil monopoly PEMEX (Petroleos Mexicanos, or Mexican Oil), TELMEX (Telefonos de Mexico, or Mexico Telephone), etc

Next, in 1982 then president Jose Lopez Portillo nationalized all banks. That was his coup de grace to a presidential term rife with over-borrowing, deficit spending and a devalued currency.

Now the joke:

When Lopez Portillo dies St. Peter in Heaven doens't quite know what to do with him. On the one hand the man was an altruist as Christian doctrine preaches, but on the other hand he made a mess of things. So he discuses the matter with Lucifer and they reach a compromise. The former president will spend a week in Heaven, then a week in Hell, and then St. peter and Lucifer will decide what to do with him for the rest of eternity.

When the Heaven week is off, St. Peter is only too glad to be rid of him.

"You wouldn't believe the week we had," he tells Lucifer. "The man tried to unionize all angels. Then he wanted to borrow money to pay for bridges to join all clouds. He said it was a public works project!"

"Well," Lucifer replies, "he's off your hands now. But remember the deal we made." And thus Lopez Portillo descends into Hell.

A week goes by and Lucifer doesn't call Heaven. then another week passes, so St. peter calls Lucifer on the phone to arrange a meeting.

At the ohter end of the line a voice answers the phone: "Thank you for calling INFERNOMEX. How may I direct your call?"

Let's see how this goes down. Some explanations first:

In Mexico we have a mixed economy, meaning the state owns outrights several large companies (and holds a monopoly in their fields). A great many of these incorporate the term "Mexico" or "Mexican" in their names. Thus you have the oil monopoly PEMEX (Petroleos Mexicanos, or Mexican Oil), TELMEX (Telefonos de Mexico, or Mexico Telephone), etc

Next, in 1982 then president Jose Lopez Portillo nationalized all banks. That was his coup de grace to a presidential term rife with over-borrowing, deficit spending and a devalued currency.

Now the joke:

When Lopez Portillo dies St. Peter in Heaven doens't quite know what to do with him. On the one hand the man was an altruist as Christian doctrine preaches, but on the other hand he made a mess of things. So he discuses the matter with Lucifer and they reach a compromise. The former president will spend a week in Heaven, then a week in Hell, and then St. peter and Lucifer will decide what to do with him for the rest of eternity.

When the Heaven week is off, St. Peter is only too glad to be rid of him.

"You wouldn't believe the week we had," he tells Lucifer. "The man tried to unionize all angels. Then he wanted to borrow money to pay for bridges to join all clouds. He said it was a public works project!"

"Well," Lucifer replies, "he's off your hands now. But remember the deal we made." And thus Lopez Portillo descends into Hell.

A week goes by and Lucifer doesn't call Heaven. then another week passes, so St. peter calls Lucifer on the phone to arrange a meeting.

At the ohter end of the line a voice answers the phone: "Thank you for calling INFERNOMEX. How may I direct your call?"

Cute

That's likea joie I tell

I expect to live a very long time. Both God and Satan know that whichever one gets me, I will replace him as the ruler of that kingdom and will be coming for the other.

Speaking of the afterlife. How about

Healthful Environment Livability Legislation

i made an economics satire for a lit class and made some decent ones

Office for Subsidization of Housing in Towns

Office for Housing Enrichment for Living Longer

Office of Monetary Governance

if you feel like reading it and since it falls under economics humor its here. It's pretty short too.

i made an economics satire for a lit class and made some decent ones

Office for Subsidization of Housing in Towns

Office for Housing Enrichment for Living Longer

Office of Monetary Governance

if you feel like reading it and since it falls under economics humor its here. It's pretty short too.

HOw about

Specialized Commission for Redistribution of Excess Wealth Extorted by Democrats