Objectivism Online Forum

"Intellectuals" at Harvard call Capitalist Supporters Crazy

Rate this topic

http://mises.org/story/3379

Last weekend, Harvard University sponsored a conference called (I am not making this up) "The Free Market Mindset: History, Psychology, and Consequences." Its purpose was to try to figure out why, since everyone knows the current crisis amounts to a failure of the market economy, the stupid rubes continue to believe in it. The promotional literature for the conference opened with That Quotation from Alan Greenspan — the one in which he suggested that there was, after all, a "flaw" in the free market he hadn't noticed before.

Well, that does it, then! If our Soviet commissar in charge of money and interest rates says the free market doesn't work, who are you to disagree?

More in the link.

...your basic "If you can't be correct in a debate, just call your opponents position insane and that makes you correct" approach.

It's so disappointing to me that the biggest cultural fad right now when talking about the economic crisis is to instantly blame capitalism.

The propagandists at Harvard are winning more minds I fear.