Objectivism Online Forum

Anarchy

Rate this topic

FieldMarshal

DavidOdden - Only when the results of the election become known will we see what the people of Iran desire most - peace and progress or hatred and denial. I hope for the former.

Assuming of course that the outcome of the election actually represents the people's will as opposed to being manipulated by a smaller subset of the people.

Jake - If it were in my power to punish them, I certainly would. Currently, my words are the only means of fighting them that I have, with all the effectiveness of chopping down a tree with dental floss.

Yes, that is my point: your morality is far removed from reality.

You preach that Bin Laden and Ahmadinejad should be punished, and no one else should be harmed. That is impossible, so your moral principles, against Al Qaeda, have "all the effectiveness of chopping down a tree with dental floss".

Edited by Jake_Ellison

Rational Biker - The results that I refer to include the current riot in Tehran, protesting the botched and stolen election. The results do not need to be exclusively what Ahmadinejad says (read - lies about).

Jake Ellison - I did not say that only bin Laden and Ahmadinejad should be punished, but their followers as well. However, any innocents who do not share their terrorist worldview should not recieve punishment.