Objectivism Online Forum

Geaux Gators...

Rate this topic

Mammon

I don't know which is more ridiculous: that performance which seemed, in its conclusion, to be about NCAA football and a playoff system, or the state of culture and government that feels the need for government to get involved in such topics. This is just another example of our collectivist, group fighting, special interest mode of government; and it shows exactly how stupid it can get.

On the subject of UF as a educational institution, I know a few people who have gone there, and they didn't have any problems with it. One of the few complaints I've heard concerned the size of the student body, which I guess is, or used to be extremely large.

I went there for my first semester as an undergrad and I am pretty familiar with UF being from central FL. The education there is perfectly good, as far as public universities go, but I left because I didn't like the atmosphere in Gainesville and I could get an equitable education somewhere more appealing. There is nothing in Gainsville except UF, that is one of the reasons they are so into sports and partying because there is little else to do. You should definitely visit and make sure living in a small town obessessed with the UF is something you'd be happy doing. Many of my friends find it a perfectly enjoyable place to live.