Objectivism Online Forum

Cordair Fine Art Gallery-has Anyone Been There?

Rate this topic

AshleyAyn

I am going to be in San Fran this weekend and I want to go to the Cordair Art Gallery. I found out that my hotel is sort of far away from the gallery and what I am wanting to know from those who have visited it: is there a lot to see there?

I am traveling with my brother, and when he saw how far away the gallery was he started complaining about me making him go there. My general question is: is it worth forcing the issue? My brother is not a terrible guy, he will appreciate good art, but is there enough there to justify going out of our way to see it?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I am going to be in San Fran this weekend and I want to go to the Cordair Art Gallery. I found out that my hotel is sort of far away from the gallery and what I am wanting to know from those who have visited it: is there a lot to see there?

I am traveling with my brother, and when he saw how far away the gallery was he started complaining about me making him go there. My general question is: is it worth forcing the issue? My brother is not a terrible guy, he will appreciate good art, but is there enough there to justify going out of our way to see it?

Hi Ashley,

Of course it's worth the trip! Call me on the toll free line and we'll make arrangements to get you here. If your brother doesn't want to come that's ok...but you really should not miss seeing the most beautiful art gallery in the world. :D Burlingame is a charming town with lots of wonderful shops and restaurants. If our normal business hours are inconvenient, I will be happy to make the gallery available after hours. I look forward to meeting you soon. 1-866-267-3247

Distance here is measured by time, not miles. Burlingame isn't far so long as you have a car while you are here. If you would like, email me and I can give you some recommendations about SF. :blink:

I have not visited the gallery in its Burlingame home, but I can tell you that Cordair's display of art works at the Objectivist conferences has always been a highlight not to be missed. Because of space limitations the conference displays are probably some fraction of what is available at the full studio, so I would think that a trip there would be more than worthwhile for a lover of good art.

I have not visited the gallery in its Burlingame home, but I can tell you that Cordair's display of art works at the Objectivist conferences has always been a highlight not to be missed. Because of space limitations the conference displays are probably some fraction of what is available at the full studio, so I would think that a trip there would be more than worthwhile for a lover of good art.

Ditto. Have fun, Ashley!

The concert was fun - I was pleasantly surprised..Dave Matthews was political but not nearly as bad as I expected he would be. Mostly he said everyone should get out and vote. However, before the concert they had this liberal dj who was just terrible and it took all of my effort to ignore what he was saying and focus instead on the beautiful weather & my wonderful memories of the art I'd seen the day before... :confused:

My only regret of the entire trip was that I couldn't spend more time looking at the art. We had to leave Burlingame earlier than I had thought to get back in time for our dinner reservations.

I'm hoping to get up to the gallery in the near future as well. Since I have never been to SF before, besides the gallery, can anyone recommend anything else to see or do while I am there (keeping in mind I cant do anything strenuous - or costly - of course. Free would be nice in fact. :D )

I'm hoping to get up to the gallery in the near future as well.  Since I have never been to SF before, besides the gallery, can anyone recommend anything else to see or do while I am there (keeping in mind I cant do anything strenuous - or costly - of course.  Free would be nice in fact. :D  )

Most all of the normal tourist places (Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, etc.) are free and well worth seeing. But, since you like art as much as you do, there are two Frank Lloyd Wright buildings that you can just walk right into, no charge. The first is a small gift shop in San Francisco at 140 Maiden Lane. I really like the curves in the theme of this building. But the piece de resistance is the marvelous Marin Civic Center in San Rafael, not too far from SF. This is a massive and truly magnificent building, a real thrill to walk through and see from dozens of different angles. If you saw the excellent movie Gattaca then some of it will look familiar since they filmed there. It is worth while taking the docent tour if only for the chance of meeting the lady (I forget her name) who owns a Wright house not too far away. At the San Francisco summer conference a number years ago, I befriended her and she graciously invited us to visit her home. A real treat!