Objectivism Online Forum

David Kellerman (FreddieMac CEO) Dead

Rate this topic

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/0409/615570.html

VIENNA, Va. - The acting chief financial officer of Freddie Mac, 41-year-old David Kellerman, apparently committed suicide in his home in Vienna early Wednesday morning.

This is awful. I didn't like the man, but I don't think he deserved death.

How many of you think this is one of those early-30's Germany "Suicides"? I sure wouldn't wouldn't put it too far past them.

How many of you think this is one of those early-30's Germany "Suicides"? I sure wouldn't wouldn't put it too far past them.

I haven't seen any evidence to support such a claim. Until some is presented it would be arbitrary to engage in such speculation.

I haven't seen any evidence to support such a claim. Until some is presented it would be arbitrary to engage in such speculation.

I think the way the way that the AIG executive hearings and the firing of the GM CEO were held was evidence of how much pressure and persecution the Government is willing to heap upon CEOs. I don't think it's all that likely the government killed/pushed him to suicide, but I don't think it's that far past them.

I'm not familiar with those. I take it that since suicide is in quotations, perhaps it is meant to suggest/imply homicide or something?

During the early 1930's, Hitler and the Nazi Government got rid of a lot of political enemies by either pressuring them (through threats to them, their families, blackmailing them) into suicide or staging one. An example is the director of the German movie "Titanic." He was arrested, and found in his cell dead by hanging. It isn't known for sure, but most people think the Nazis hung him and made it look like a suicide.

I don't think it's all that likely the government killed/pushed him to suicide, but I don't think it's that far past them.

During the early 1930's, Hitler and the Nazi Government got rid of a lot of political enemies by either pressuring them (through threats to them, their families, blackmailing them) into suicide or staging one. An example is the director of the German movie "Titanic." He was arrested, and found in his cell dead by hanging. It isn't known for sure, but most people think the Nazis hung him and made it look like a suicide.

True. True.

But often times in history killers would try to shift the blame to an innocent person, in subtle ways. So, I realize this is a long shot, but where were you last night?

True. True.

But often times in history killers would try to shift the blame to an innocent person, in subtle ways. So, I realize this is a long shot, but where were you last night?

Nice.

Often the real killer does things that throw suspicion on the person inquiring into the matter to keep suspicion from foling on him. Where were you on the night of January 17th. We've establisned that you were with Karen Anders on the night of January 16th.

Now, I know where I was, I was getting Qalid Sheik Mohammed a big drink of water.

Nice.

Often the real killer does things that throw suspicion on the person inquiring into the matter to keep suspicion from foling on him. Where were you on the night of January 17th. We've establisned that you were with Karen Anders on the night of January 16th.

Now, I know where I was, I was getting Qalid Sheik Mohammed a big drink of water.

Hehehe..I mean oh the humanity!!!

Stalin was also no slouch in this regard. Sometimes his underlings would return to their room (or tent if military and in the field) and there would be a pistol there, with exactly one round in it.

It was udoubtedly futile to just go use the bullet on someone more deserving.