Objectivism Online Forum

Strangest lawsuit ever?

Rate this topic

Capitalism Forever

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blog/editors_corner/article/26357/

A judge in Stuttgart, Germany, is currently trying to decide on a lawsuit in which a man hired his neighbour to impregnate his wife.

It gets weirder.

Demetrius Soupolos, 29, and his former beauty queen wife, Traute, were very keen to have a child together, but Demetrius was sterile so they began to seek out other possible options.

The option the couple eventually decided on was to hire their neighbour Frank Maus, 34, to impregnate Traute.

Maus, who was already married with two children agreed to do the job for the fee of €2,000. For three evenings a week for the next six months, a total of 72 different times, Maus tried to impregnate Traute.

When his own wife objected, Maus explained that he was "only doing it for the money."

After the unsuccessful six-month period Soupolos insisted that Maus take a medical examination. The doctor concluded that Maus was also sterile, which forced his wife into admitting that their two children did not belong to him.

Two words: Artificial Insemination

Sure, but apparently, our Traute found that to be just too inhuman, and thought she'd be much more comfortable with Herr Maus administering to her needs. And her husband bought it--for 2000 euros, no less! I wonder how much her share was...

I wonder if the names in the story are changed to conceal identities? Mouse and Trout? Demetrius - belonging to the earth mother goddess Demeter - mama's boy.

Those are actual German names, although I agree they are funny. They go well with the story. ;)