Objectivism Online Forum

PETA concerned over dead fish as well...

Rate this topic

RationalBiker

PETA thinks dead fish should not be treated as "toys" as they tossed around for show at the Pike Place Fish Market. The PPFM is planning on doing a demonstration at some veterinary conference and PETA issued their objections. I'm guessing they are concerned that live fish will know what's going on and feel badly for their deceased kin.

Tell that to the sharks!

Seriously, what sense does it make to force people to be moral (as they judge) while giving animals the allowance to hurt one another? According to them, if a wolf is about to kill a sheep, a person should not interfere, because the nature of the wolf is to be a predator, but if a person wants to kill a sheep, I should interfere, because human nature is to be moral, unlike the wolf. What would justify saving a child from being eaten by a wolf, then? Also, to feel pain you have to be individually conscious, but can you be conscious without free will?

Edited by Jill

I guess you guys haven't heard about the dead fly controversy plaguing the highest office of the United Sates Executive. The fish tossing is nothing compared to that, as far as proof that PETA supporters are emotional babies.

Wait, you mean PETA is complaining about Obama killing a fly?