Objectivism Online Forum

Hello again, and an apology

Rate this topic

Hello all. It has been a long time since I have been here.

First I need to start off with an apology to Felipe, GreedyCapitalist, and anyone else I have offended in the past. I was making some errors while trying to figure things out, and I realize now that I was projecting a lot of things. I thought I was trying to identify principles, but in many cases what I did was look for and assume moral corruptness, rather than the correct approach which is to assume philosophic error first, and then wait for the individual to admit they knew what they were doing was wrong and did it anyway.

I hope that those of you whom I've offended can forgive me and will give me a chance to show that I've changed.

If anyone wishes to discuss any of those old specific topics and see how my positions have changed, please feel free. Otherwise, I hope to have a fresh start and get to know you all over again.

With the best intentions,

Tom Lahti

What I meant by "philosophic error," is the error a true first-hander makes in not having something integrated, as opposed to truly believing that something is right and choosing to do the wrong thing anyway (evasion). Surely evasion is a philosophic error as well, but I didn't mean to include it.

I've read your essays on Introspection. They're very good and thorough.

I appreciate that. I tried my best to get those right, its a very important topic to me. At the time I wrote it, no one else had really approached the subject but I believe Dr. Locke is doing that now.