Objectivism Online Forum

Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore

Rate this topic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that Michael Moore operates by lying about and smearing great things, or lying about and promoting evil things. He knows he's not being honest, that's just how he gets attention. He is one of the few human beings on the planet low enough to do it and make money off of it.

I have to say that Michael Moore's movies have after 20+ years of Objectivism and capitalism managed to finally present to me a reasonable flaw in the notion of capitalism.

It is only because of mankind's progress, wholly enabled by capitalism that this filthy obese creature is able to thrive, survive & make this swill that will be seen by millions.

Well played, Michael Moore, well played. :D

Moore is a real live Ellsworth Toohey. The man is evil and I think he knows it and revels in it.

If prayer actually worked, I would pray for the human parasite to die, slowly and painfully, preferably in a state run hospital from a parasitic brain disease, becuase that my friends, would be a little thing called JUSTICE.

Edited by Axiomatic

As previously announced, Moore will return to the issue that began his career: the disastrous impact that corporate dominance and out-of-control profit motives have on the lives of Americans and citizens of the world.

^ Hahahahahahahaha. That part made me laugh so hard (oh and that part is from the website by the way). I don't know which is worse, that people will make and promote that crap, or that people will beleive it.

Michael Moore is among the most despicable, openly dishonest people in this country. But I never feel particularly threatened by him, because all he does is preach to the choir. Most people who see his movies--and virtually everyone who doesn't recognize them as dishonest propaganda--are Daily Kos wackos. Mainstream liberals don't even like him.

Michael Moore is among the most despicable, openly dishonest people in this country. But I never feel particularly threatened by him, because all he does is preach to the choir. Most people who see his movies--and virtually everyone who doesn't recognize them as dishonest propaganda--are Daily Kos wackos. Mainstream liberals don't even like him.

Maybe in the US that is true. But he was and still is very much responsible for Anti-American sentiment and his view is treated with full legitimacy in the UK.

I say some people bootleg the shit out of this movie, and give it away in the streets for free...Show it on big screens in your backyard. It doesn't belong to Moore after all. He most assuredly would love this distribution of his movies.

Oh wait, no? You say you love capitalism as much as anyone else Moore? Want a burger? I'll take it.

I say some people bootleg the shit out of this movie, and give it away in the streets for free...Show it on big screens in your backyard. It doesn't belong to Moore after all. He most assuredly would love this distribution of his movies.

Too bad you can't sue people for hypocrisy...

I say some people bootleg the shit out of this movie, and give it away in the streets for free...

Absolutely. Moore certainly isn't entitled to the obscene profits he stands to make on this steaming pile of crap. When I think of the disastrous impact that his out-of-control profit motives have on the lives of Americans and citizens of the world, it makes me sick.

Actually, why not drop the joke part and do this for real? Hold the piggy accountable. Practice what you preach and so on and so forth.

Maybe in the US that is true. But he was and still is very much responsible for Anti-American sentiment and his view is treated with full legitimacy in the UK.

Yeh, same here in South Africa. Many people I know (who haven't yet formed strong intellectual opinions) will eat Moore's shit up. It's not necessarily about preaching to the choir, but preaching to those who don't know any better. That's where it hurts the most.

He has actually gone public with the statement that he does not believe in copyright laws and that anyone can copy and distribute his movies if they want too.

Edited by Axiomatic

He has actually gone public with the statement that he does not believe in copyright laws and that anyone can copy and distribute his movies if they want too.

That's not all there is, not by far.

Of the price of a movie ticket, a very large percentage goes to the studio and distributor. Movie theaters make their money at the concession stand and by selling ad time before the movie. this time there should be no ads, no money at all paid to the studios, and lower ticket prices (say enough only to cover the theaters' costs, no profit). Additionally patrons showing their ticket to Mickey Moore's movie should also be able to buy refreshments at cost.

Later on Blockbuster should rent the movie for nothing, or at least for no more than cost, waving any and all late fees. It should also be marketed in VHS and Beta so people too poor to afford a DVD player can see it.

And of course everything (tickets, refreshments adn rentals) will come with amoney back guarantee. If you don't like the movie you get your money back.

Now that would be socially responsible. Anything else is crass exploitation of the proletariat by the burgeoise.