Objectivism Online Forum

Aersopace Textbook Recomendation

Rate this topic

eficazpensador

I will be taking Aerospace 245 at the University of Michigan in the Fall. I'd like to get a head start by reading the textbook but they do not have the required textbook listed yet. Does anyone know of a good/cheap textbook that would be pertinent to this specific class? The quote below explains what the class covers:

An introduction to the aerospace field. Introduces students to steady motion of aircraft and spacecraft and to methods for evaluating performance of aircraft and spacecraft systems. Students learn basic aerodynamics, propulsion, and orbital mechanics. Involves team projects that include written reports.
Edited by eficazpensador

You can get some orbital mechanics in Bate, Mueller and White. My copy seems to have disappeared so I can't tell you the title but I *think* it's "Astrodynamics" The best news about this book is that it is inexpensive; even with the inflation since I bought mine I'd be surprised if it's more than $15.

You can get some orbital mechanics in Bate, Mueller and White. My copy seems to have disappeared so I can't tell you the title but I *think* it's "Astrodynamics" The best news about this book is that it is inexpensive; even with the inflation since I bought mine I'd be surprised if it's more than $15.

Here is the item:

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Astrody...3153&sr=1-1

You can order it used for as little as $6.07 not including postage.

Bob Kolker