Objectivism Online Forum

Fascism alive and well in House Ways and Means Committee

Rate this topic

This is outrageous, so absolutely outrageous!

The fascists who dominate the House Ways and Means Committee, marking up the Health bill:

Rejected 25-15 an amendment from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that would have eliminated the public plan option;

Rejected 22-19 amendment from Rep. Charles Boustany (R-La.) that would have prevented providers from being forced to participate in the public plan;

Rejected 21-18 an amendment from Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) that would have required members of Congress and their dependents to enroll in the public plan option;

Rejected 21-19 an amendment from Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.) that would have based payment rates on the private market, rather than on Medicare;

Rejected 26-15 an amendment by Rep. Wally Herger (R-Calif.) that would have prevented comparative effectiveness research from being used to deny care based on cost.

(Source John Goodman’s Health Policy Blog at http://www.john-goodman-blog.com/all-in-a-...comment-43995.)

Contact your legislators and give them a piece of your mind. I've made it easy for you to do this on the "Political Ammunition" page at the website for Doctors on Strike at www.doctorsonstrike.com.

Docs, get ready to go on strike!

This is our war--one we cannot afford to lose. We are all doctors and patients now. We are allies. I provide some powerful ammunition to win this war. Use it to win!

Gregory L. Garamoni, Ph.D.

Founder & Executive Director,

Doctors on Strike for Freedom in Medicine

www.doctorsonstrike.com

I voted "yes" on 1 and "no" on 2

The reasons for the disparity are these4

1. Tehy have already accepted the current programs. So that would be acting "ex post facto". Besides, you can always do it later.

2. Medicaid is more a State than Federal matter

3. Why shoot all the bullets in the gun in one burst? When people tell me we should bomb Macca to nothing, I say "Then what? I'd bmb half of Mecca to bits and then ask 'Want me to finish the job?'".