Objectivism Online Forum

Ubama wernt no citizen! He tik er persidencies

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

Clawg and other conspiracy types thrive not just off politics and their own personal beliefs but from making baseless accusations towards authority figures.. I've seen him in other threads defending the Truthers and now he takes a blockheaded stance with the Birthers. One thing about the Truthers, at least they didn't have a bloc of Congressmen agreeing with them.

And then when you call him on it, he claims it's not really important.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then when you call him on it, he claims it's not really important.

Call me on what? I made a statement about the political implications IF it is a fraud.

Oh well, never mind, the thread is in the ad hominem phase, not much left to discuss here.

I thought I'd post this piece of comedy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/03/o...n_n_250441.html

Seriously though, the birther movement troubles me on a number of levels, greatest of all being that people are likely to conflate this new and scary lunatic fringe with mainstream republicans (who do little to distance themselves), which will then snowball into it tarnishing the good name of free-market principles. <sarcasm>Afterall, everyone knows republican=free market </sarcasm>

Quick edit: Love the mockup egoist :P

Edited by Markoso

Question: does it matter where Obama was born?

Under Mexican law any person is considered Mexican by birth if either he is born within Mexican territory (including diplomatic missions and Mexcian-flagged ships or aircraft), or has at least one parent of Mexican nationality.

Is this not so for most countries? If it is so for America in particular, then isn't Obama American simply by virtue of having an American mother, regardless of his palce of birth?

Question: does it matter where Obama was born?

Under Mexican law any person is considered Mexican by birth if either he is born within Mexican territory (including diplomatic missions and Mexcian-flagged ships or aircraft), or has at least one parent of Mexican nationality.

Is this not so for most countries? If it is so for America in particular, then isn't Obama American simply by virtue of having an American mother, regardless of his palce of birth?

Obama is US citizen. But to be eligible to the office of President one has to be a so called "natural born citizen". What that exactly is isn't well defined.

Obama is US citizen. But to be eligible to the office of President one has to be a so called "natural born citizen". What that exactly is isn't well defined.

Ok, isn't it enough to have one American parent in order to be a natural born citizen?

Ok, isn't it enough to have one American parent in order to be a natural born citizen?

It is now, but the law was different back when Obama was born. You had to have both your parents as American citizens. This is why the question of the place of birth did not matter in the case of McCain, but matters in the case of Obama.

Why do you have to be a "natural born" American citizen in order to be President anyway? Silly.

So none of those British loyalists could ever be president, the "natural born" qualification was inserted. As commander in chief of the armed forces, the president is one man with the potential to militarily destroy, delay or sabotage effective military action.

You guys are all talking shenanigans about this issue.

Obama Signs Executive Order Barring the Release of his Birth Certificate

The above link is a concise synopsis of all the relative arguments. You will find that on January 21st, Obama signed Executive order #13489 which in very technical wording does exactly as the title of the article assures. Check out the link to the order yourself.

Not suspicious enough for you?

The World Net Daily (plenty of links in the article) has been following the birth certificate issue for over a year now. It would be who you to realize the difference between a Certificate of Live Birth AND a long for Birth Certificate.

And finally to those of you providing the philosophical argument that "What does it matter if it was or wasn't?" I will give you some lasting advice that I wish you to take to heart in that BIG GOVERNMENT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. And also you could read Obama's Science Czar John Holdren's Eugenics textbook from the 70's Eco Science ... and I sight foxnews here only because you should immediately see that it's in the mainstream and therefor actually much more expounded upon in the alternative media.

The link to the executive order in question. (No one should visit the Prison Planet website)

The Executive Order is aimed at asserting the current (incumbent) president's authority in vetoing a former president's assertion of executive privilege (section 4). Bush created that privilege for former presidents ex nihilo when he issued Executive Order 13233 in November 2001.

Obama's Executive Order 13489 is a threat aimed at Bush, and has no power to control how the State of Hawaii handles its documents.

I find it fascinating that prisonplanet, which seems so desperately anti-Obama would have comments like this in an article on Israel -

"Isr hell is a bogus entity…much the same for murika…created BY & FOR DEMONS…"

"go for it jew bastards..go for it.."

( http://www.prisonplanet.com/barak-hints-at...th-lebanon.html )

Not calling anyone here a racist but I suspect a bit of race hatred behind that site.

Not calling anyone here a racist but I suspect a bit of race hatred behind that site.

That sort of trash is entirely consistent with the vast majority of the rest of the irrational sewage on that site. I'm not surprised that anti-semitism would show up there.

All sorts of people show up there. I visit it regularly, they have an interesting compilation of news hardly available anywhere else. The comments are hardly moderated.

The level of paranoia on that site is disturbing. Also, to call PP's content "News" is a real stretch. Most of the "articles" read more like editorials from a committed band of anti-government conspiracy freaks, rather than legitimate news stories.

It is now, but the law was different back when Obama was born. You had to have both your parents as American citizens. This is why the question of the place of birth did not matter in the case of McCain, but matters in the case of Obama.

Thank you. That's actually informative.

To subsequent posters, I agree the Constitution should be ammended to allow any citizen to run for the presidency. Many naturalized citizens have held elective office at various levels. Treason these days is more a matter of ideaology than national loyalties.

I don't normally visit infowars/prisonplanet, but my google news feed is set to certain keywords, and I can tell you that they had the news story about the issuance of the MIAC report a good two weeks before it was picked up by any major media news outlet or talk radio.

I don't know if that really gives them credibility or not.

What's an example of actual proven facts (news) that appears on that site and nowhere else?