Objectivism Online Forum

"The Divine Nucleus Theory"

Rate this topic

A good friend of mine has a horribly sickening theory of his that I don't know how to address.

I am not very astute in the reasoning of physics. Does this have to do with Determinism? What do I need to learn to refute his assertion? (Except for the fact that it is just an assertion)

"The Divine Nucleus Theory"

Sun at 10:24pm

Have you ever noticed that a picture of an atom and a picture of a cell look very similar? Now take a look in a highschool textbook and find a bisection of the planet. notice any similarities? now think about our solar system... not to mention the fact that it was just recently proved that there are super giant black holes at the center of every galaxy, meaning that an atom, a cell, an organism, a planet, a solar system, and a galaxy ALL have the same basic makeup. a circular figure with a dense center which controls it's appendages through gravity.( the organism is a little different because it's not circular an the nucleas, the brain, controls the appendages with electrical signals, however it's still the same basic concept.) the really cool part is that this "blueprint" can be applied government as well. a city hall being the nucleas of a city and cities make up a county. the county hall being a county's nucleas and counties make up a state which has the state gov. for a nucleas. Obviously the next step is a country which has the actual gov. for a nucleas. keep in mind that that's only the American version. different countries would vary in the amount and intensity of the steps the same way the cells in an organism do. this variation in countries is actually very similar to the variation of the tissues made up by different cells in the body of an organism. to explain further, these countries that make up the world are no different from tissues that make up an organism. our entire universe follows this pattern.

you probably won't believe me when i tell you that this all leads up to me trying to show the atheists and religious fanatics of the world that religion and science are the same thing. in the bible( and i'm using the christian religion as an example i think most, key word most, religions unknowingly worship the same god.) god is decribed physically as an extremely bright light with a voice so powerful a man would die just at the sound of it. He is also referred to as the creator of all things. It says he always has been and always will be. If you pay attention and really think about it that is exactly the same as the big bang theory. Not only is the big bang said to have created everything just as god is, think about this, If all of the energy in the universe was inside a space about the size of a baseball what would it look like? an extremely bright light right? and what would it do to you if you were within a million miles of it and it made a sound? you would be unraveled into nothingness faster than you could say "Jesus Christ!" Not to mention the fact that energy can neither be createred nor destroyed, only altered. Hence the always having been and always going to be. This also explains how god is everywhere... because he literally is the "everywhere" and everything, He is the universe. religion and science are just two different ways to understand and believe in the same thing. the only difference being science proves it and religion asks you to take it on faith. if you think about it most religious texts were written thousands of years ago before the discovery of latter day sciences, and all a man had to take it on was faith. if you tried to explain scientific theory to a common man in 400 A.D. he say you were a loony and probably have you hanged. Do you feel I am being blasphemous by assuming all of this? think again, in the bible Daniel tells god "I do not understand my own prophecies" God then tells him "they are not for you to understand, they are for those wiser after you to understand." you're probably wondering what the first part of this note has to do with all of this, huh?

Remember when the bible says that we are made in god's image? it just makes sense that the galaxies are merely cells in god's/The Universe's body. If you really read and pay attention to GENESIS it will elaborate much more on what I'm talking about.

Would this not fit a "cum hoc, ergo propter hoc" format?

Edited by LandonWalsh

I think your friend was staying up a bit past bedtime and the sleepiness lead to nonsensical ramblings.

Gravity keeps planets, galaxies, and atoms in similar forms. Things that involve living things like cells and governments (along with other organizations) may have a similar sort of form not due to gravity, but due to the fact that it is more efficient to arrange an order giving system where you concentrate your order-creator near the center of things so you can minimize how far you have to send any of your information and you can keep organized and in communication better by having a place to concentrate most of your information on what is going on in the rest of the organization/organism. As for anything about comparing the big bang theory and religious theories of a deity to try to say they are the same, that drops a TON of context. Religion assumes a CONSCIOUS being for one thing, which is nothing like the big bang. Next, the religious people claim they got their beliefs because this consciousness just poofed info to them at some point basically, like with voices in their head or something, so you can't argue you can just put aside as irrelevant this aspect of consciousness in a single being they think exists. Atheists also will tell you we think they just made stuff up pretty much, so their beliefs have no basis in reality what so ever, any possible similarities to anything found scientifically is merely coincidental. And finally, religions are generally FAR more complex than just what was described in that quote and include things like creation processes which are entirely different from the big bang and what else we know via science about the formation of the present order of things. And finally, I've never actually heard of a description of "god" which sounded like the "bright light with a super loud voice that would rip you to shreds" one given above. Bright and loud maybe, but not just a bright light and not that loud, and generally there were also either more or less things included in the description too, like maybe saying they look a lot like a human being or maybe refusing to give any kind of description for a physical form of their supposed deity even to say it could emit light and sound as a normal, constant aspect of what it is. In short, though many similar forms may exist, they do for a number of reasons, none of which having anything at all to do with religious notions of "god" which were come up with through means that would never have lead them to thinking up anything like the big bang. A similar result does not necessarily always have the same cause.

By the nature of a force, it has to either be attractive or repulsive. An atom, the solar system, and a galaxy are allkept together by an attractive force, which is why they have similar forms. A cell is not similar to either; that observation is just silly. Same with an "organism;" I mean, really? What organism other than a single cell even remotely fits this description?

Is he trying to argue that God designed the American government?

Anyone who says that different religions all worship the same god is operating off of the wishful thinking that, "wouldn't it be nice if almost everyone was right about the basic life questions?" They are (willfully) ignorant of all those characteristics of different deities which make this impossible. The three Abramic religions are the only ones for which this argument can be made, and they all trace their religions back to the same god explicitly. Other religions have multiple gods, supernatural forces or entities which are not conscious or not benevolent or not all-knowing; they have differing views on mankind's place in god(s)' order, and mutually exclusive creation stories and commandments. Simply put, you have to walk around with your eyes shut to believe this.

No part of the Big Bang theory ascribes consciousness to the universe, while nearly every religion ascribes it to their deity or deities.

My washing machine is the same basic shape as the bible, differing only in the magnitude of the measurements. Could it be that my washing machine is a divine gift from god? Probably not, considering that it's a flaming piece of shit barely capable of washing half a load of laundry.

I'm reminded of the Divine Bannana™ the notion there was that since a bannana fits the human hand and is easily peeled, then there is a God™ who created it.

I guess the Hellish Coconut™, which neither fits the human hand nor is easy to peel (Waner Bros even did a cartoon about it), is proof there is a, well, I don't know what it proves. But it proves something, damn it! It has to! :)

This was mostly just nonsensical ramblings. Even the pantheist part at the end is basically meaningless, since its meaningless to say God is literally the universe, might as well just say the universe is the universe so you don't get into a religious debates. I guess you could argue that the universe fits the description of God, or at least some of them, but it has no bearing on human knowledge or activity, or even an understanding of the universe, so why do so?

Have you ever noticed that a picture of an atom and a picture of a cell look very similar? Now take a look in a highschool textbook and find a bisection of the planet. notice any similarities? now think about our solar system... not to mention the fact that it was just recently proved that there are super giant black holes at the center of every galaxy, meaning that an atom, a cell, an organism, a planet, a solar system, and a galaxy ALL have the same basic makeup. a circular figure with a dense center which controls it's appendages through gravity.( the organism is a little different because it's not circular an the nucleas, the brain, controls the appendages with electrical signals, however it's still the same basic concept.) the really cool part is that this "blueprint" can be applied government as well. a city hall being the nucleas of a city and cities make up a county. the county hall being a county's nucleas and counties make up a state which has the state gov. for a nucleas. Obviously the next step is a country which has the actual gov. for a nucleas. keep in mind that that's only the American version. different countries would vary in the amount and intensity of the steps the same way the cells in an organism do. this variation in countries is actually very similar to the variation of the tissues made up by different cells in the body of an organism. to explain further, these countries that make up the world are no different from tissues that make up an organism. our entire universe follows this pattern.

Invalid concept formation uniting a variety of concretes on the basis of a nonessential feature or similarity. For more on essentials and the rule of fundamentality see "Notes on "The Art of Thinking"" linked below in my sig.